Is verbal abuse worse than physical?

What do you think?

Is verbal abuse worse than physical?

Postby brilliant » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 am

When does verbal bullying overshadow physical bullying in your opinion?
brilliant

Re: Is verbal abuse worse than physical?

Postby SoxManiacs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 pm

When the abuse is over a number of years and it comes from a source that you really respect like a mother or father. People can be verbally abused so badly that they develop personality disorders and deficiencies that can affect their entire life. In some severe cases people can actually want to take their own life because the verbal assaults are too much to handle.
SoxManiacs

Postby ShredIT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 pm

brilliant wrote :
> When does verbal bullying overshadow physical bullying in your opinion?

When the verbal abuse is coming from someone that you really admire and respect like a coach or a parent. You will start to believe the things they say and it makes you implode.
ShredIT

Postby Booster » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

ShredIT wrote :
> brilliant wrote :
> > When does verbal bullying overshadow physical bullying in your opinion?
>
>
> When the verbal abuse is coming from someone that you really admire and respect like
> a coach or a parent. You will start to believe the things they say and it makes you
> implode.

Absolutely right. Children are very fragile and if you damage them young they will be damaged as adults
Booster

Postby carebears » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 am

Verbal is worse when it is coming from an entire group. If you are on a sports team and the entire team is bullying you in unison that can be much worse than a physical altercation. Sometimes church groups will form and join in on a group bullying on one member of the church sometimes forcing the family to not attend anymore.
carebears

Postby Gabriella07 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 pm

When someone verbally attacks you and threatens to hurt you just that alone can be worse then the actually beating.The anxiety and problems you cause yourself from worrying about what might happen can be so bad for anyone adults included.
Gabriella07

Postby swiftly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

When a child gets verbally abused from an adult that they have a lot of respect for it can be incredibly demoralizing to them and it overshadows any physical bullying
swiftly

Postby Pacos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 am

What if they are abused physically by an adult they admire?
Pacos

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Both hurt equally. I experienced both and physical abuse hurts physically and emotionally, and verbal abuse makes you feel less than what you are. I think they hurt the same.
MizCeeDub

Postby MrBlank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Lets see here which is worse.....I was in a few fights in middle school but can hardly remember them because they were over so fast and the thing that stuck the most was my punishment for fighting. Something that does stick out in my mind is when my 7th grade teacher called me an idiot and the entire class laughed and so did he. I remember that like it was yesterday. I can still see each kids reaction and some were even pointing and falling out of their desks. I can also remember very clearly having my coach in little league scream at me in the dugout that I wasn't a real ball player when my family and friends were there to watch me. I was so humiliated I pulled my hat down over my eyes because I started crying. Funny how the verbal bullying is something that I carry with me every day.
MrBlank

Next

Return to Cyberbullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, What is the worst?

Chat: Enter