long term effects

What do you think?

Re: long term effects

Postby SamHill » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Worst to me is physical, I believe when someone is beaten and they have the fear that they might die even if it is only for a second they will never forget that fear. Adults that become paralyzed with fear when faced with a confrontation most likely suffered years of abuse when they were younger. That fear can stay with them for and effect their every day social life as an adult.
SamHill

Postby Made4fun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

You can get PTSD from being bullied and that can last for years and you can spend $$$$ on professional help
Made4fun

Postby kjordan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm

I believe that bullying can cause a lot of long term effects. I was bullied in middle and high school and just tuned 21, and I still suffer from it. I don't trust anyone. I don't kindly to people do not know. If I feel someone is trending negatively toward me, I panic and bail. That was verbal torment. So I can only imagine what a physically abused victim goes through.
kjordan

Postby iHOPEITSu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 am

Physical bullying (I think) has the greatest long term effect. At least it did for me.
iHOPEITSu

Postby 100cotton » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 pm

I just read an article under articles and it said that bullies usually suffer from broken homes, overbearing parents, and will suffer from anti social disorder. The victim will suffer post traumatic stress disorder, thoughts of suicide, and fear of leaving the house. Really good article.
100cotton

Postby TribeZ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:33 am

kjordan wrote :
> I believe that bullying can cause a lot of long term effects. I was
> bullied in middle and high school and just tuned 21, and I still suffer
> from it. I don't trust anyone. I don't kindly to people do not know. If I
> feel someone is trending negatively toward me, I panic and bail. That was
> verbal torment. So I can only imagine what a physically abused victim goes
> through.

What do you do to curb the after thoughts of your bullying?
TribeZ

Postby SmH008 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 am

I got beat up when I was in 4th grade by a 5th grade boy and it shook me up. I was terrified to even visit that area of the school because I thought it might happen again. For the rest of my time in school whenever I thought I might get into a situation where there could be a fight my palms would get really sweaty and my heart would start to race. I would say that was for sure a long term effect
SmH008

Previous

Return to Cyberbullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, What is the worst?

Chat: Enter