Physical Bullying

What do you think?

Physical Bullying

Postby Gripes » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 am

I do think this is the worst form of bullying because you actually fear for your safety. Anyone who has fallen victim to a bully in a physcial way knows that with each time it gets worse. Not knowing how far the bully will take it is the terrifying part of it. The bully may not be satisfied with only hitting you while standing so when you are on the ground and hurt it might continue. This form of bullying can leave visible scars and haunt someone for life.
Gripes

Re: Physical Bullying

Postby Slowpaced » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 pm

No kid deserves to be abused. That includes taking abuse from other kids at school. Sending your kid to school to receive an education and they come home with a balck eye is not something that parents are prepared for. You want the best for your children and if another student is putting their hands on them you should take immediate action with the appropriate avenues. Do not leave it up to chance that this problem will take care of itself because if it has escalated to the point of physical violence it has already gone too far.
Slowpaced

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 pm

I agree wholeheartedly! Although, if my child comes home with a black eye, I will be requesting a sit down with the principle and the mother/ father or both of the child who was responsible for giving my child a black eye. You can't hold the hands of your children their entire life and unfortunately this is a part of life but you sure can step up to the plate and make it known you will not stand for this non sense! If it continues, then I would take it to the authorities because then its blatant negligence on the parents part to get it straight with their child that violence will not be tolerated! I also would get my child in some sort of self defense classes, imagine the face on the bully when my daughter defends herself :D
anyname09

Postby Ocaptain » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 am

If somoene put their hands on my son there will be no sweeping his problem under the rug. I will march right into the school and demand that someone punishes the guilty party and shows me what ways they will avoid this from happening in the future. I dont beliee in letting violence solve a problem and if it happens to my kid there will be consequences no matter how big or small.
Ocaptain

Postby BaysidE » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Although the other kinds of bullying have been more popularized from how our society is changing being in a situation with a bully that is physically hurting you will always be the worst for kids. Not only are you in pain from the fight but now your mental state will be forver changed. Anyone who has not been really beaten up will never understand that feeling of helplessness when you are getting beaten. You are at your bully's mercy and watching the fists and feet raining down on you unsure of when it will finally stop is something I wish for no person especially a child. Anyone that has been beat up at a child will tell you that each time they became a little more cold and dark as a result and it changes who you are on the insides. It is a defense mechanism that teaches you that you had better prevent this from happening again so you put up several walls and leave yourself unable to be connected or feel what is naturally going on around you. This will leave you unable to relate to your peers because you have a harden sense of life that will last until you die or seek professional treatment.
BaysidE

Postby traditional » Tue May 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Coming from someone who was beat up regualrly it is so much worse than cyberbullying. I totally get that kids are in the computer more but if I could trade all of the bloody noses and black eyes for some comments about me on the internet I would take it in a minute. There is nothing like the fear of looking around every corner hoping you dont bump into the kids that hurt you. I couldnt ever remember when my homework was due or what project was mandatory because I could only think about saving my life and getting the heck out of there when the final bell rang. They never took fights seriously when I was young because they think its nothing and kids cant really do any damage. But I still have scars on my lips and hands from those fights and when I look at the scars it brings me back to those days all over again. That is something I will always carry with me and no kid should ever have to go through that.
traditional

Postby scared16 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm

There is nothing worse then seeing your own blood after you are attacked. You stare at it for a few seconds until you come to the realization that someone has hurt you so bad that you are now bleeding. I remember the first time it happened to me I didnt know if I wanted to run or just sit there and cry but I didnt fight back thats for sure. I was petrified with fear knowing that I had a cut somewhere on my face and it wasnt until I got to the mirror to see that I had a small gash on my forehead where my bully attacker had kicked me while I lay motionless after he punched me in the stomach. Nothing ever happened to the kid and I got 7 stiches in my head and it is a constant reminder of that day. Nothing that could happen to me on the internet that would ever compare to the memory that I get when I look at the scar in the mirror reminding me of the worst day of my life.
scared16

Postby SCIENCE » Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Kids should not be afraid of being hurt in school because there is adults all over the place. Fighting should be immediate action that they kid who started has to go through a laundry list of things so that they can prevent them from doing it again. Making them go back home to the environment that got them in this attitude to begin with is not the answer. They should be at school but in another class learning about why violence is so bad and if they cannot attend or participate they are no longer welcome at the school. Completing a class can eliminate the lack of information for why they fight the next time and if they choose to fight after receiving this information then a harsh punishment is clearly the answer.
SCIENCE

Postby manual » Wed May 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Nothing can prepare a parent for the first time they see their child after a fight at school. As a parent all you want to do is make everything better when they are crying and to know that another child is physically hurting them when you are not around can make you lose your rational mind. Think about when you were a kid and the physical abuse you took in school. Did it ruin your school experience? How did you deal with your bully? If you werent bullied maybe you remember a child in school that you were close with that was and you can share that story with your child. Relating your experiences to your kids help them feel like they are not alone. Kids dont want to think they are the only ones who have a problem because they just want to fit in. If you can explain to them that you had this problem too but it will get better you will give them the confidence they need to get through the next day.
manual

Postby BurtandErnie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Dont be over protective when your child is in their first fight. If you make a big ordeal out of the fight it will only cause them more stress and trauma. Just explain to them that its a part of life that some people have to deal with and when you do it you remain calm. Then you remind them that there is consequences for all of your actions and the bully will be punished but you have to do it the proper way and let the authorities handle the problem so they know next time how to solve it without being afraid or lost.
BurtandErnie

Next

Return to Cyberbullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, What is the worst?

Chat: Enter