Social Bullying

What do you think?

Re: Social Bullying

Postby prospect1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:56 pm

I dont even understand what kids are being bullied about these days. Not having a good facebook page,ok??? Not being invited to social networking chat rooms,huh???? This whole new tech boom has me confused how to even help a child being bullied because I cannot grasp the subjects they are being bullied about.
prospect1

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 pm

RingRing wrote :
> Its strange how the social scene is becoming on the computer so if you
> arent involved with the coolest place on the internet you can have a poor
> social life. Us parents need to become more aware of the online world so we
> can help explain what is happening when they think its the end of the
> world. The parent being clueless will make the kid feel alone.
I agree... any Facebook, twitter, tumblr accounts my kids have, I have access to at anytime.... I wont put up with my kids or other kids bullying my kids.
MizCeeDub

Postby FingerPoppin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 am

I've never experienced this...where people tell others not to like you. I can only imagine that it must be terrible. I hope kids get taught to never do this sort of bullying. 8-)
FingerPoppin

Postby MelloMan66 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 am

Exactly, kids have no clue what's really going on.
MelloMan66

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 am

I see this all the time. Especially with girls. Ive seen FB pages, for example, "Hate Blah blah blah" and it will be an entire fb page dedicatedt o hating this one particular person. There will be pictures and so many "likes" for the page. it's really sad. Why wouldn't facebook monitor these type of accounts? I think they need to do a better job of verifying accounts.
MizCeeDub

Postby TrentH73 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:28 am

Is the worst type of bullying in my opinion.
TrentH73

Postby dontlikebullies » Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Ive been bullied on social media and it is not fun. I commented on a post that was on fb but made public and said something and people were just telling me i was this or that, then commenting on my pictures and spelling and grammer. Made no sense. It was over a video posted and asked for thoughts. A lot of people agreed with me, but those who didn't called me names, commented on pics, made assumptions and when I tried to defend myself, the abuse got worse. I finally deleted my posts and blocked the site which had originally posted the article and video. It was horrible! And im an adult. So just imagine a young child taking this type of abuse from others.... It is horrible!
dontlikebullies

Postby Plzzz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:42 pm

prospect1 wrote :
> I dont even understand what kids are being bullied about these days. Not
> having a good facebook page,ok??? Not being invited to social networking
> chat rooms,huh???? This whole new tech boom has me confused how to even
> help a child being bullied because I cannot grasp the subjects they are
> being bullied about.

It is hard to believe that you cant just turn of the computer and ignore them it has become so mainstream now and kids use it in the wrong ways
Plzzz

Postby gemi70 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 am

Being alone, having ABSOLUTELY NO FRIENDS.. in school.. that is the worst feeling EVER! OKAY.. I grew up in a time... a LONG TIME AGO, (not in a galaxy far far away).. but in a time before PC's, internet, texting, FB, etc.. so, of course, there was no such thing as cyber bullying. But, it didn't matter, I stood out, I did not know what to do to look right, wear right, and even if I did, my father died years before, my mother and I were baring surviving on SSI, so, no 'cool clothes' .. etc.

In 9th grade, of the 2 friends I had-one had transferred to a catholic school at the beginning of the year, and the other-moved to Florida halfway through... so, here I was in Jr. High, 9th grade, being tormented on a daily basis in GYM, the HALLWAYS, STUDY HALL, (I took extra classes, so no lunch, !!!) and later, I realized, in a Classroom.............

The worse day I believe I ever had in school? I returned after having been out for a week with bronchitis. This English teacher handed me a test that the others took on the Friday,or Thursday before. I said to him that I did not have the textbook, nor did not know about reading this.. (it was on Shakespeare..I still remember this-don't most of us?) . Any how, this teacher told me I should have had a 'FRIEND' :oops: come get my homework assignments, and my books out of my locker..this Teacher :twisted: , i still remember his name.. and I do not remember most of my teachers names.. gave me the test, and I sat there crying, doing the test.. I got a 50 on it-half of the test was basically 'translating' what the characters were saying into 'modern language', the other part, well, it was a rehash of the play that I DID NOT READ. This teacher did not LIKE ME, KNEW I would FAIL, and would not give me 1 DAY. (I had had a schedule block, and was in a 'regular class, instead of an 'honors class', I had FAILED the first book report-I could NOT read, no matter how hard I tried, the 1st book-Bridge over the River Kwai'(sp?)-I just couldn't get into the book, concentrate on it.=He spoke to me, and SWORE I just had an attitude about not being in the honors class. I didn't have an attitude at all, but maybe shyness gave him this? Or, maybe this was his FAVORITE book? Who knows, he just had it in for me, but I did not realize that teachers too could be bullies, not until YEARS LATER.) So, not only in that year did I not have any friends, but I also had a teacher who would go out of his way to bully me. (this was halfway through the year, and he had not done this before -given a test on the 1st day back to anyone.)

BTW... a LOT OF IT -not with the Teacher, but with others, I was SO AFRAID of being BEATEN UP.. that I avoided things all together.. let them pick on me, take money, do things for them. I think back now-should have, could have.. and WISH.. I knew how to fight. I might have been suspended for a while, but MAYBE it would have stopped, at least for a while????
gemi70

Postby 22Last » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 am

That teacher was a jerk! I hope you pranked him good when you became a senior.
22Last

Previous

Return to Cyberbullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, What is the worst?

Chat: Enter