Social Bullying

What do you think?

Social Bullying

Postby Multiplied » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 pm

This type of bullying can make you feel worthless. Having the popular kids at school tell other kids not to be friends with you or sit with you at lunch time. Having the people pick on you for the clothes you wear and how you style your hair. They beat you down mentally until you feel like nothing you do is ever right or even worth trying. People will try to make you feel like you aren't good enough because they are afraid of anything different. Different is always considered odd and strange when you are younger but after school you will stand out from a crowd and it will give you positive outcomes. Nobody in highschool has the world figured out yet because you are sequestered to only a handful of opinions and people so next time you are getting some criticism from kids at school consider your source(they are clueless).
Multiplied

Re: Social Bullying

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

If the "popular" kids did this, let them. If you react in anyway, you are letting them win. Be creative and figure out other ways to occupy your time. The kids who are your REAL friends wont even think to listen to that non sense and those are the people you want around you anyways. This is what is wrong with society and parents now days, we want to be involved in our children's life 24/7, even if it hurts their individual growth. Word to the wise, let your kids grow up and deal with their own problems because this is the only TRUE way at seeing your child grow into who they are meant to be. There are MANY ways of getting around someone "bullying" your child other than "tattling" on them. Also take into consideration that when you start getting involved, it makes it that much harder on your child when facing his/ her bully. The "bully" feeds off that... just some food for thought!
anyname09

Postby rawhide » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Do you think that you could sit back and watch as your kid is humiliated on a regular basis at school? Can you sit back and watch as the attacks continue when they leave school and open their computers at home? Is it bad for a kid to "tattle" if they have received numerous threats of violence? Maybe you want to sit back at let your kid go through hell so they can "grow" but I didnt have problems with bullies when I was growing up and I turned out just fine so I would like the same for my child too thank you very much.
rawhide

Postby honkhonk » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 pm

One type of social bullying that can be demoralizing is where you are welcome to sit at lunch. Sometimes kids want to avoid this humiliation of not being welcomed by anyone so they sit alone. Just as adults have their cars as a symbol of status in school it is where you sit and who you associate with so when you are sitting up against the wall you face the laughing and pointing of the "cool kids" with all of their friends.
honkhonk

Postby wifeandmom » Mon May 07, 2012 2:00 pm

It mortifying when you are teased by a large group of kids in school. When you are that young it makes you feel like the entire world is out to get you. This is why so many teens turn to drugs or suicide because they want to pain and torture to stop. Its a very cold world to live in when you dont have any friends. All you can do is hang with yourself and if everyone else doesnt like you then you start to not like yourself. Its important that people really try to be compassionate with kids and their feelings of sadness and unacceptance with their peers. Pay more attention so how they are interacting with kids their age and if you see traces of a lonely kid have a heart and be their friend and give them confidence.
wifeandmom

Postby OOOldBlue » Mon May 21, 2012 2:55 pm

I am bullied more at my current job because I didnt go to an ivy league school so they dont respect me. They dont tell me when there are meetings so I am late or absent to make me look bad. They dont invite me to company lunches or funtions so I can be a part of the group. Its a joke really because I was never bullied in highscool but now this is my social crowd. I am around them for about 60 hours a week and the entire time I have to endure constant badgering and cut downs because they see me as just a peon. Every morning I wake up knowing that I have a full day of my coworkers making me feel like the dirt under my shoe and it destroys my mood for the whole day and makes me want to lock myself in the broom closet. I never thought bullying could really bother you unless you let it but after awhile it breaks you down and makes you feel like you are all alone on a island with sharks surrounding your escape.
OOOldBlue

Postby PurdyFlower » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:35 pm

The internet used to be a place to escape your daily troubles but now kids come home from school only to be teased even more by the same kids that haunt their lives at school. I wish social networks would be more attentive to the youth that use their sites so they can enforce bully policy.
PurdyFlower

Postby GoGoGoWIN » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

wifeandmom wrote :
> It mortifying when you are teased by a large group of kids in school. When
> you are that young it makes you feel like the entire world is out to get
> you. This is why so many teens turn to drugs or suicide because they want
> to pain and torture to stop. Its a very cold world to live in when you dont
> have any friends. All you can do is hang with yourself and if everyone else
> doesnt like you then you start to not like yourself. Its important that
> people really try to be compassionate with kids and their feelings of
> sadness and unacceptance with their peers. Pay more attention so how they
> are interacting with kids their age and if you see traces of a lonely kid
> have a heart and be their friend and give them confidence.

And adults will play it down because in your world its not a big deal but if you want to help them you have to relate to them and remember what it was like when you were in school.
GoGoGoWIN

Postby Otis08 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Not having anyone to share something with at school or work can slowly bring you down.Just one friend can make a huge difference.If you can go through anything together its makes it better and when kids are shut out entirely from having a social life they go into extreme depression.
Otis08

Postby RingRing » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Its strange how the social scene is becoming on the computer so if you arent involved with the coolest place on the internet you can have a poor social life. Us parents need to become more aware of the online world so we can help explain what is happening when they think its the end of the world. The parent being clueless will make the kid feel alone.
RingRing

Next

Return to Cyberbullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, What is the worst?

Chat: Enter