Cyber-Bullying

What do you think?

Cyber-Bullying

Postby CHIRP » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:09 pm

This is arguably the worst of them all because it can be permanent if it happens on particular websites. When kids are all connected over the internet its like class is in session even after the bell rings. Even though teachers protect the students at class they can do nothing about the online attacks because it did not take place on school grounds. Kids social status on the web is almost just as important now as in real life. With the new age form of bullying it hasnt been fully explored yet on just how bad some of these bully campaigns are getting but when you here about teens comitting suicide then it must be a serious problem.
CHIRP

Re: Cyber-Bullying

Postby justme » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:41 pm

They have begin trying to pass laws about cyber bullying in some states because it has gotten so bad. I think when any teenager takes their own life it sends a shock wave through the community and adults feel like they are respinsible for the childs death. When something this tragic takes place you wil see adults scrambling to prevent it from ever happening again. Although cyber bullying wouldnt stop teen suicide it would sure protect many kids out there from something they dont need to be exposed to.
justme

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 pm

This is NOT the worst, physical bullying is the worst. When you legitimately fear for your safety and never know when the next "beating" will be and how bad it will be, that is the worst feeling. I understand that kids are all connected via social networking sites and such but what is "posted" about someone is far from effective than getting a black eye or broken nose just because!
anyname09

Postby NoH8ing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:16 pm

I think the world is shifting to an online society so this is the worst in my opinion. If most of your life is spent using your computer to communicate with friends and family it is very hard for someone to be bullied in a place that gives them so much joy. You just want to fit in so you join websites that your friends are on just so you can be part of the group. Then you are attacked by kids that feel threated by your presence alone so they dont want you around and make your life miserable. When its posted on the web not only do you see it but everyone you knows sees it to so instead of the insult being over after it has been said it lives on and festers and reminds you of how the torment can always follow you. The internet is a scary place of you are not a popular kid and I feel for them I really do.
NoH8ing

Postby NeverEver » Thu May 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Should there be a temp restriction on your internet priviledges if you are caught cyber bullying? How would you regulate something like that?
NeverEver

Postby HOMEMADE » Tue May 15, 2012 3:22 pm

NeverEver wrote :
> Should there be a temp restriction on your internet priviledges if you are
> caught cyber bullying? How would you regulate something like that?

Your social should be linked to your computer. If you allow people to use your computer then they have to enter their social security number too. Everytime you login you should have to enter your social so the internet knows who the user is if something happens. There should be a law against using someone elses social to gain access to the computer and if caught the penalty is very strict. Once you can establish who is actually using the computer and it is a good system then people will start being held responsible for their actions and comments online and eventually people will stop being so nasty on the internet to each other.
HOMEMADE

Postby blanked » Wed May 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Parents you must make sure to supervise your childs internet usage. The internet is a free for all right now and it is your responsiblity to make sure that they dont get too involved with things they are not capable of handling on their own.
blanked

Postby Multiply3 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:47 pm

The laws of cyber bullying I think are about to get real harsh for the people that abuse their rights.
Multiply3

Postby Ordinary » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 pm

Multiply3 wrote :
> The laws of cyber bullying I think are about to get real harsh for the
> people that abuse their rights.

It should be simple, if you are harrassing people on a daily basis and only trying to create trouble then you should be punished and given a penalty that will change the way you can treat people on the computer.
Ordinary

Postby Misos » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Pretty soon people are going to have to sign in a personal account to join websites and it will be directly linked to you so if something happens you will be in trouble and no longer allowed in that area. They say it happen already but it doesnt
Misos

Next

Return to Cyberbullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, What is the worst?

Chat: Enter