Closing accounts

Has someone ever started a fake facebook using your name? How do you make it stop?

Closing accounts

Postby ultralight » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 am

Has anyone ever had such a bad problem with facebook that you just decided to close your account all together?
ultralight

Re: Closing accounts

Postby MIndingPQ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I think everyone has had a problem with a hacker or a stalker or just someone who you didnt want knowing about your life so you would close your account and reopen with some crazy name and false email account and only tell the people closest to you.
MIndingPQ

Postby Density00 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Just for safety reasons alone you should never have your last name or any private information about yourself on your facebook wall at the chance someone could have access to your information without you knowing. Never accept anyone as a friend if you do not know them first or you risk bullying from this unknown user.
Density00

Postby refreshed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:31 am

If there are so many problems surrounding it then what is the point of putting yourself at risk like that. The telephone still works wonderful if you want to keep in touch with family
refreshed

Postby brickhouse » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 am

refreshed wrote :
> If there are so many problems surrounding it then what is the point of
> putting yourself at risk like that. The telephone still works wonderful if
> you want to keep in touch with family

Facebook is free and it allows you to view photos of their life so its much better than the telephone.
brickhouse

Postby AuGratin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:02 pm

I have told me kids a 100 times be careful who you friend on your account because anyone can be faking who they are and you dont want a stranger with bad motives to learn about your life and get close to you just to violate you.
AuGratin

Postby latitude » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:42 pm

I closed my account because I didnt want to be in a competetion with other people on who had more exciting pictures. I felt like if I didnt update it every week or two I would get made fun of that I had no life. Facebook annoys me
latitude

Postby Keeper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:00 pm

ultralight wrote :
> Has anyone ever had such a bad problem with facebook that you just decided
> to close your account all together?

Yes I was getting my life threatened when I broke up with my ex and he sent his friends after me. I couldnt take them harrassing me and so I just decided to get rid of it and I am glad I did because it freed up a lot of my time.
Keeper

Postby Soup4U » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

I wish everyone would shut down their facebook accounts at the same time and start to live in the real world again. Call me old fashioned
Soup4U

Postby Stopper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

I gave up on facebook a few years ago because it is very hard to make everyone happy and it was giving people with stalker qualities too much access and I wanted to be away from it.
Stopper

Next

Return to Victim of a Fake Facebook

Chat: Enter