Page 1 of 2

Verify accounts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:14 pm
by koolkat
Facebook has a feature where you can verify your account with a mobile phone number. They will send you a code via text message and when you enter it then your account will be verified. If someone tries to make a fake account under your name it will be easy to catch because you are the account that is verified.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:54 pm
by Pilot
Yes I think this is a smart tip for any parents out there that know your children are members of facebook. Take your child through the process and make sure they are aware of how dangerous the internet could be. When I was younger my parents were like a broken record to never give out your contact info to strangers so now its your turn to be the broken record. Get that account verified and protect them from a potential disaster of a fraudulent account.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:54 pm
by Legends
I recommend that everyone verify your account no matter if you feel you are in need or not. There have been several cases where people have had their identity taken through facebook so if you protect yourself then you have nothing to worry about. The internet can be very fun and useful but when you dont take the proper steps to protect yourself than it could quickly turn to a big problem.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm
by coverup
Why does facebook allow anyone to make an account under someone elses name without authorization is the better question.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 pm
by conex
coverup wrote :
> Why does facebook allow anyone to make an account under someone elses name
> without authorization is the better question.

Facebook is a huge company with a lot of users so im sure their intent is not to ignore your problems just understand it takes some time to get to everyones problems.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am
by burner
Facebook is not the problem its the loser users that try to mess with people by using facebook. Thats like saying all guns should be banned because someone was shot by one. People are jerks and they miuse things all the time to torture people.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 pm
by handcuffed
What if you have a account but didnt verify it then someone created a fake one about you and had it verified? Will facebook help you then?

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 pm
by remarked
handcuffed wrote :
> What if you have a account but didnt verify it then someone created a fake
> one about you and had it verified? Will facebook help you then?

Yes but you have to show proof that you are indeed who you say you are but it could take some time.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:13 pm
by Murray
Just like any other big website people find ways to screw with others just to prove that they can screw with anyone anywhere and at anytime. Its nonsense these people take to the web to annoy others for no reason. but when they catch them they are gone.

Re: Verify accounts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 pm
by Brabus
remarked wrote :
> handcuffed wrote :
> > What if you have a account but didnt verify it then someone created a fake
> > one about you and had it verified? Will facebook help you then?
>
> Yes but you have to show proof that you are indeed who you say you are but it could
> take some time.

How long will it take?