Facebook Parental Controls

Has someone ever started a fake facebook using your name? How do you make it stop?

Re: Facebook Parental Controls

Postby Peeker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

SamIam wrote :
> I wouldnt allow the 11 year old on facebook and I would keep a very close
> eye on the teenager. You will be able to keep a better eye on the teenager
> if she is the only one on there. The 11 year old would not take the
> warnings seriously and might get caught up in a bad deal if you allow her
> on there.

Agreed with SamIam on your 11 year old.Thats too young to have the freedom of exploring facebook
Peeker

Postby Uchoose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm

I think under 16 is too young with all of the online predators pretending to be teenagers and will spend the time to trick them into sending photos of themself. If you are a careful parent I would always monitor your child's facebook no matter what
Uchoose

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:09 pm

FB specifically says 14 and older. Not like anyone follows that. But, my kids. 17 and 15 both have fb, ONLY of I have all log on info, no personal information such as phone numbers or location info is given, and their pages must remain private and only friends they go to school with, or family can befriend them. I check often. If anything looks suspicious, I lock account, change password and put em on fb restriction. No problems lately. And the 17 yo hardly uses it anymore.
MizCeeDub

Postby HashTagHarry » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:41 am

That's a slippery slope. I hope it works out positively for you.
HashTagHarry

Postby Daretodream » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Facebook is a playground for bullying, pedophiles, rapist, and just weirdos to attack young, unsuspecting naive kids. I do not agree with children having facebooks. No matter what settings you invoke, they can definitely penetrate someones book, by just befriended another or few of the intended friends. Kids don't know how to see the warning signs, trusting to fast and giving up way too much information.
Daretodream

Postby 10bigs » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am

I think if facebook really cared about kids they would make it mandatory for your parent to sign up your facebook account so you always have access to their account so you can look at what happens on there whenever you want. That is how you keep your kids safe, be involved.
10bigs

Postby GOGREEN » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm

There should be a notification when adults contact your kids on facebook so you have a chance to monitor the conversation and keep it safe.
GOGREEN

Previous

Return to Victim of a Fake Facebook

Chat: Enter