Police Report

Has someone ever started a fake facebook using your name? How do you make it stop?

Police Report

Postby MissLovely » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Even if you dont think anything will happen when you deal with harrassment online you have to report it. They will take the appropriate measures and be sure to contact the person but even if nothing happen there is now record of what happened. That is very important because if something from a future date happens you can show proof of the problem and that you took the correct steps to solve it. Facebook is so large of a company that your voice will surely not be heard but you can file a local police report anytime you want and they will follow up on it.
MissLovely

Re: Police Report

Postby HighBrow » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Whenever you are a victim of a crime its always smart to fill out a police report. Although your report may not get the guilty party into trouble it is put on their record as a violent offense. Now in the future if they ever try to do the same thing to anyone else then the record will come up and the punishment will be more severe because it is not just a one time thing.
HighBrow

Postby KindLover » Tue May 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Even if no criminal charges are formed the person will still be contacted and that can be enough to stop whatever is going wrong. Its sad but these times call for police assistance or people bend and break the rules as they see fit because it is easier when you are in front of your laptop.
KindLover

Postby kooler » Thu May 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Has anyone ever had the police help them when they have had a problem with facebook? I am worried if I involve the police that facebook will get mad and shut down my account
kooler

Postby BillyGoat76 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:11 pm

kooler wrote :
> Has anyone ever had the police help them when they have had a problem with
> facebook? I am worried if I involve the police that facebook will get mad
> and shut down my account

I doubt that facebook would have a problem with you trying to protect yourself. If they did it would be pretty silly because you are the victim in this case. More likely that it would take a little longer than you would hope but for the most part it would get resolved in your favor. Just be patient :)
BillyGoat76

Postby skinnyjeans » Mon May 07, 2012 3:29 pm

BillyGoat is right facebook will not punish you for involving the police. Facebook is too big to know what is going on at all times so always contact your local police if someone is breaking the law on facebook and once facebook knows about it they will support you in the fight.
skinnyjeans

Postby SlickRicky » Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 pm

I think that facebook as a seperate division that deals with police reports. If you just have a bsic complaint then this department could not help you but if there is proof of the incident and a filed police report then they will do all they can to help with the issue. You have to remember just how many people are using facebook and how difficult it can be pleasing all of your users. I know that you will not lose your facebook access if you involve the police.
SlickRicky

Postby pleasingpast » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm

There has been numerous cases on people who have had facebook records brought up in court and facebook never bans those users because its a public forum and it belongs to you so if you are having a problem and need to involve the police feel the right to do so.
pleasingpast

Postby surveysays » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 pm

I would like to know how many police reports have been filed as a result of a problem on facebook. Its gotta be in the sevreal thousands by now.
surveysays

Postby GHK22 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:18 pm

How long will it stay on their record if they are convicted? Will facebook ban them forever if they are conicted of something?
GHK22

Next

Return to Victim of a Fake Facebook

Chat: Enter