Permanent ban

Has someone ever started a fake facebook using your name? How do you make it stop?

Permanent ban

Postby whiteknight » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am

If you can prove that a person has made a facebook account in your name with malicious intention that person should have their facebook privileges taking permanently. Facebook should not be enabling users to create havoc for anyone else and should take the matter very seriously.
whiteknight

Re: Permanent ban

Postby Subway » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:01 pm

I agree with you they should not let people use their website just to attack other people. After kids have been commiting suicide they should take online bullying more serious. It is hard to get anyone to help you when you have a problem with facebook because they are so big now they dont pay attention to details.
Subway

Postby YellProud » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:23 pm

There has been people who start company facebook pages for competitors and they defame the business on purpose. There is a lot of fraud when it comes to the internet so you have to be careful. If you dont know the person that you are accepting as a friend you could get yourself into trouble too and if that happens you are leaving yourself open for attacks. You cant report them if you are willingly allowing them access to you. If you want to get someone banned from facebook for causing problems make sure you havent been partially responsible first.
YellProud

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 pm

@YellProud, I think out of most of these threads, I would have to agree with your logic here. I don't really put much faith in this media crazed "cyber bullying" but I do think its crossing the line to create a profile on a social networking site to deface someone's character. That is a direct PERSONAL attack and the consequences are steep for the ones being mocked. It should be a knock off of identity theft and should be punished as such!
anyname09

Postby BuildingBlocks » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm

The media is not making up cyber bullying this is happening every single day to kids in every single city and kids are losing their lives. If you are proven guilty of harrassment through social media you should have your right taken away from you because you dont deserve them when you abuse people relentlessly.
BuildingBlocks

Postby Smarty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 am

They would just try to open another account from another computer and just alter the name a tiny bit so they can use it still. Facebook is such a big company they dont have time to research every user that abuses the system.
Smarty

Postby HawtDawg » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Has facebook ever sued any of the users for doing something against their policy?
HawtDawg

Postby Mental88 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:20 pm

I read a story on the guy who owned isanyoneup.com got banned by facebook for life but I dont know if they sued him
Mental88

Postby CopperHead » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

I dont think they can sue you from doing the wrong thing on there just ban you but im not positive.I would expect that illegal stuff would get you in trouble if you lawyered up.
CopperHead

Postby Journey » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:01 pm

100% yes facebook will ban ou if you are trying to impersonate someone else. It is listed in their terms of service and they are very strict about that kind of activity.
Journey

Next

Return to Victim of a Fake Facebook

Chat: Enter