Explain your worst day

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

Re: Explain your worst day

Postby Guide » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Morris wrote :
> Now you got Peyton Manning to cheer for this year so wear that sweater with
> pride buddy

Im sure he is loving being a bronco fan now!!
Guide

Postby DeandraB » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:23 pm

The worst day that I ever had growing up was when I was in the 4th grade. I never thought one of my best friends would bully me but one day she had turned on me and the bullying began. She would tell everyone that I was a bedwetter even though she knew it wasnt true. One day she got my entire class to believe her so they would all call be bedwetter instead of my name. No matter how loud I screamed that it wasnt true they would keep saying it. I was so upset that I ran out of the classroom crying and the name stuck with me until I moved away to a different school where none of the kids knew who I was. That day by far was the worst day of school in my entire life.
DeandraB

Postby Bulls6 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 am

DeandraB wrote :
> The worst day that I ever had growing up was when I was in the 4th grade. I
> never thought one of my best friends would bully me but one day she had
> turned on me and the bullying began. She would tell everyone that I was a
> bedwetter even though she knew it wasnt true. One day she got my entire
> class to believe her so they would all call be bedwetter instead of my
> name. No matter how loud I screamed that it wasnt true they would keep
> saying it. I was so upset that I ran out of the classroom crying and the
> name stuck with me until I moved away to a different school where none of
> the kids knew who I was. That day by far was the worst day of school in my
> entire life.

I feel for you DeandraB! When I was in elementary I had a few friends that I would play with at recess but when we graduated to middle school they wouldnt be my friend anymore because I wasnt cool enough for them. They would call me names as I walked by and their new friends would laugh at me. Sucks when it comes from people who you think were your friends
Bulls6

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:06 am

ok, I will share one of my many stories...

I was in Elementary and we had cultural day coming up. So, a little background before I tell the story. I am Native American, Hawaiian, Samoan and Black. My step dad raised me and he was Japanese and white. So, here I am in class brain storming ideas for cultural day and individually we have to stand up and say what our heritage is, and what our ideas are going to be for our poster board, outfit, if we are bringing items to display, blah blah blah... So, im already odd enough at school. I was taller than ALLLLLLL the kids, my mom made me wear dresses with jeans underneath and turtlenecks. Throw in some half nappy, curly, wavy, straight ponytails and you have me. Sounds awkward? IT WAS.... SO, I stand up, and I proudly say "I'm Japanese and white and I will be wearing a kimono and making rice wrapped in seaweed and use our Japanese tea set for tea". I was so proud and the look that everyone gave me was heart shattering. I felt I turned 30 shades of red. I have a fear of speaking in front of large groups, so to do this and said it proudly, was a huge deal for me. My teacher then asked, "Honey, are you sure you are Japanese?" I said, my dad is, so I must be. So, fast forward a few days later. The teacher announces in class, after talking with my mom, who never told me about my dad and what I really was, and explained that I was Native, islander and black. That's when my name became "mutt" "Heinz 57", "Engine talker" and my favorite "Hula fire dancer". May not seem like a big deal, but being sheltered from who you are your entire life, it was hard to deal with 1) finding out my step dad was NOT my dad, 2) that I was different than anyone in my class 3) that my so-called friends now called me these nick names. I was asked where my tee pee was, were was my hula skirt and coconuts, it was hard to deal with. but one of the worst days and times in my life. Took me years to come to terms with who I was and accept my uniqueness.
MizCeeDub

Postby Dazer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 am

As if kids didnt have it hard enough already! Tough to read about putting yourself out there and getting stepped on. I was cringing when I was reading that and you are right it would take years to regain confidence after your entire class attacks you. I think what is cool though is the same things that made us different when we were younger is what makes others smile and say cool now. Life is so weird
Dazer

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Thank you for reading. It took awhile. Glad im able to embrace my differences. Feels amazing to love yourself again...
MizCeeDub

Postby B2Bchamps » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:38 pm

When you love yourself the criticism just rolls off of your back.
B2Bchamps

Postby pinkiejay » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 am

That is so wonderful for you! It is a great feeling when yo can love yourself and everything unique about you. How tragic you had to deal with stereo typical behavior at such a young age. Glad you are a strong person now.
pinkiejay

Postby 2Excited2Day » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 am

I had to swim across a river to get away from a group of bullies chasing me. Good thing they didn't want to get wet.
2Excited2Day

Postby charlierayne » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

My worst day was when I was getting dressed for prom and my mom said i looked fat in my dress. I was a size 4 throughout highschool. Then when we were taking pictures, she kept complimenting my friends, and when she would encourage me to smile for the pictures, as I was trying to hold back tears, she would make oink oink noises! I felt so ugly, so unattractive, and burst out in tears in the limo when everyone tried to make me feel better and telling me how nice I looked. I was miserable. still hurts.
charlierayne

PreviousNext

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter