Supreme Court Cases?

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

Re: Supreme Court Cases?

Postby Wasabi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:51 pm

No, bullying is too important to the masses right now to ignore. They have to figure out a solution for the teen suicides from bullying so they need to show they are making progress.
Wasabi

Postby FREEZE » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 am

When we make it okay to punish children for vicious bullying crimes I think we will be heading in the right direction. We give too many chances to kids hoping they will recover but when you have a history of violence its hard to shake.
FREEZE

Postby DaWiseOne » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 pm

If they do something vicious then you should be punished I agree with Freeze.There are kids that know they dont get into big trouble becuase they are under 18 and they should be locked in juvenile hall until they are 18 so then they cant cause trouble for everyone and not get into trouble
DaWiseOne

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:57 pm

This was the closest thing I found in a quick search
US Schools and the US Constitution – A Cyberbullying Legal Guide The First, Fourth and Fifth Amendment apply frequently to cyberbullying issues. The authority of a school to take action when off-premises and after-hours non-school conduct between or among students results in cyberbullying or violations of in-school policy, how and when the school may search student property and communications and what notices to and rights to be heard by students apply when the school takes disciplinary action are issues at the core of the cyberbullying problem. And making sure that the delicate balancing of students‟ rights and the school‟s obligation to keep students safe and maintain the proper educational atmosphere is accomplished is key to keeping schools out of court and allow for the safe and effective education of students
MizCeeDub

Postby HeraldLOSAngeles » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 am

Verbal wrote :
> Yes,
> There has been several related to cyberbullying. Many people have been
> wrongly accused of things over the internet and must take it to the supreme
> court to get justice.

And many more to come I'm sure.
HeraldLOSAngeles

Postby Nailene » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Are we talking state level or national level? There is not any in the national federal level. Many state cases, but getting past state, through appeals and up to the highest courts, no way. They choose what they want to interpret and it has to be a clear and precise violation of a protected amendment right, a case that will change or shape a law.
Nailene

Postby TakeMe2TheKing » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 am

SweetK wrote :
> I think now bullying is being considered an epidemic so I think government
> intervention is not too far away. Which should free up a lot of the courts
> time if a specific set of rules and guidelines are put in place.

I hope so. (:
TakeMe2TheKing

Postby ReedMO » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 am

They should televise it because it will be so important they should show it in the classroom
ReedMO

Postby GOGREEN » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:47 pm

I was just reading about one the other day so yes they are always there but sadly the judges dont take them as seriously as they should
GOGREEN

Previous

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter