Private/Public schools

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

Private/Public schools

Postby StMichael » Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Where do you think bullying is more prevalent, private schools or public school? List your reasons
StMichael

Re: Private/Public schools

Postby CHRIS » Thu May 31, 2012 12:37 pm

My guess would be public schools because there are a larger number of kids so more chances of bullying. Also private schools costs money so they tend to have stricter policy on bullying so one fight may result in getting thrown out.
CHRIS

Postby Swipe » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Public school because there is more poverty and middle class students that have a higher chance of coming from a home where there is domestic violence and abuse.
Swipe

Postby shirley » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:52 am

Swipe wrote :
> Public school because there is more poverty and middle class students that
> have a higher chance of coming from a home where there is domestic violence

> and abu
Not necessarily, a bully mentallity can exist anywhere. Our upper middle class parochial neighborhood school was awful.
I took my daughter out in the fourth grade. I was going to take my son out, but he didn't complain and didn't want to leave a friend. A teacher told me he had lots of strengths and handeled it well. I was such a fool. I left him there, it destroyed his life.
He did have lots of strengths, he was smart, good looking, talented and a thoughtful kid. He wasn't athletic.
I'm sure this caused the negative dynamics that contributed to his early death.
shirley

Postby Unleash » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:05 pm

private because the kids there feel more entitled so they bully anyone who the think isnt as good enough to be on their level
Unleash

Postby material » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 am

I would assume there is more emotional bullying at private schools and more physical bullying at public schools.
material

Postby CurbIt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:37 am

Public schools have more bullying because on average there is more poverty and when there is more poverty there is more crime and the trickle down affects the schools and the students inside of them. Angry home equals angry mislead youth that will lead to bullying.
CurbIt

Postby PacMoon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 am

> Not necessarily, a bully mentallity can exist anywhere. Our upper middle class
> parochial neighborhood school was awful.
> I took my daughter out in the fourth grade. I was going to take my son out, but he
> didn't complain and didn't want to leave a friend. A teacher told me he had lots of
> strengths and handeled it well. I was such a fool. I left him there, it destroyed his
> life.
> He did have lots of strengths, he was smart, good looking, talented and a thoughtful
> kid. He wasn't athletic.
> I'm sure this caused the negative dynamics that contributed to his early death.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. How old was your son?
PacMoon

Postby warmup » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 am

I went to a private school and the bullying is quite different then in public school.The kids are much smarter at how they choose to bully you. They play the card that they are innocent when the teachers are around but they know exactly what they are doing and they know when to do it. If you werent part of the elite rich kids in my school you were simply an outsider.
warmup

Postby 2013early » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

I think public schools are worse in bullying because the dangers are greater with the classes being over populated its hard to watch every student they way they need to be.
2013early

Next

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter