Idea help for bullying program

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

Idea help for bullying program

Postby amandaleighann » Thu May 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I want to start something at my school to focus on bullying but I want it to be something that gets my entire schools attention. But I am having a hard time coming up with an idea to get it started and I was wondering if anyone else had ideas on what activities, spirit days, or clubs that my school could start to get a chain reaction going. Thanks for the help!
amandaleighann

Re: Idea help for bullying program

Postby shimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 2:51 pm

How about a before and after school program to welcome kids that are being bullied to come in and get advice and free couseling without any of their classmates around to effect the treatment.
shimmy

Postby FullofBeauty » Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 pm

In order to create a program that you speak of you would have to find a way to fund it. Schools already have it hard trying to find the funding for the things that they need so dont expect them to pay for anything. If you could somehow manage donations to his and show a kind of business model to your school that you plan on trying to combat bullying and it will take a certain amount of help and a particular kind of assistance from the school in order to make it work. If you can present a long term solution that is totally self sufficient then you will get what you wish. Coming up with a plan on it will be more difficult. My advice would be possibly a cartoon series that teaching kids not to bully in a entertaining way and maybe this can be shown in classes then teachers could quiz the students to see if they learned any lessons from the cartoon.
FullofBeauty

Postby hocuspocus » Wed May 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Why would you have to fund it? Can it be based off of volunteers and donations?
hocuspocus

Postby CityQT » Thu May 17, 2012 1:02 pm

hocuspocus wrote :
> Why would you have to fund it? Can it be based off of volunteers and
> donations?

Absolutely if there were any kids that had parents that worked for large corporations or owned their own businessed they could be asked to make a donation that they could use as a write off. Big companies donate money all the time for good causes.
CityQT

Postby SmittY » Tue May 22, 2012 3:45 pm

You can also call your local news station asnd ask for a crew to come do a story on how a student is trying to create a bullying program for the school but need funding you will probably get a few anonymous checks from people who like to donate to worthy causes.
SmittY

Postby silentmajority » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Start from scratch. Any school districts that have multiple court cases and signs of bullying with no end in sight then its out with the old and in with the new. If you are only working in the school district for you paycheck and not the students then you have lost your way. The most important thing for a student is to have a calm environment in the classroom. Any teacher that does not make the possible in not fit to be a teacher. That goes for administration too. I dont want to hear that the problem is too big and that it is too hard to make every student safe. That means you are not working hard enough and obviously do not have enough steam to perform. Its time to start hiring the younger generation who is hungry to make a change and wants to see a difference now and not later. I dont want to hear that it is too difficult any longer. We are Americans and if we all stand together behind a cause then we can chnage the norm of our society. Bullying should be outlawed to the point that kids are too afraid to lay a finger on their fellow student because of what the consequences may be. Stop hiding behind the guise that you dont believe it is a problem. We know it happens every day and its time we do something about it.
silentmajority

Postby erupt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 pm

They should hold a town hall meeting and let the parents and teachers work together to make this happen.
erupt

Postby Union355 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 am

Someone has to make an effort in coming up with something. Even if not on the national level at least something more for state by state.
Union355

Postby MurrayST » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Why not link something directly to the president and call it CHANGE-Bullying. Maybe you will get his endorsement and people will want to be a part of it more.
MurrayST

Next

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter