Teacher accountability

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

Teacher accountability

Postby Titan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 am

How many stories do we have to read about kids seeking help from their teachers when they are victims of constant bullying to be turned away? Why is it that teachers and pricipals are more worried about keeping the record of their school clean by ignoring the problems right in front of their faces? How many parents have to sit at home helpless and hoping that their children will be able to go to school and get an education without fear of verbal and physical attacks? I demand a system be established that holds the teachers and administration responsible for any maltreatment of the student while inside their walls. Its sad that it has to come to this but the days of sweeping these problems under the rug to keep your school record clean are over! Either protect our children when they are under your supervision or step down for not fulfilling your duties.
Titan

Re: Teacher accountability

Postby dripping » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 am

Im like the angle here because I do think some teachers neglect their duties but for the most part teachers just want to help in every way that they can. I think the teachers hands are tied when it comes to bullying most of the time. The school district only allows them to go so far and if they step outside of the boundries then they risk termination. Unfortunately you cannot expect a teacher to loser her career over one student. She has a job to teach and when kids start bullying her students she can deal with what happens inside of her classroom but what happens in the halls is outside of their bundries. There is something to this thought though because a lot of teachers will turn the other way even when it is in front of them in the classroom. Possibly a closed circuit camera system that can be viewed at anytime by a group of administrators checking on the productivity of the class. Many things could be monitored if they put in a camera system but that might cost a fortune and school can barely buy new books as it is. So many problems and so few adequate solutions.
dripping

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm

That is ABSURD! Cameras in a classroom; all that does is create more issues. I am not saying turn a blind eye on this topic but you can't start violating EVERYONE'S privacy over childish banter/ bullying. If it ever becomes physical/ violent, then the authorities need to be brought in. I remember this one time in 5th grade, some little punk was pushing me around and ended up giving me a bloody nose. I went straight to the principle's office (even though I wanted to deck him back) and they called the cops. Once the cops arrived, they brought the child outside to their patrol car and put him in the back and shut the door. Needless to say, that kid never bothered me!
anyname09

Postby Zoooks » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 am

What kind of privacy do you need in a classroom anyname09? You had the guts to go to the principals office but that doesnt mean every student will do the same. What would negative imact would camera in the classroom do to the students?
Zoooks

Postby NoMoTrouble » Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 pm

You dont need privacy in the classroom. The cameras are there to provide an extra eye and an accurate video log of whatever wook place in the classroom. Having a camera could prevent theft and students fighting while the teacher steps out or has their back turned. Without cameras the kids around the student being bullied can deny seeing anything and the bully continues because there is no proof. Cameras in every school would solve a lot of problems if we could afford the costs.
NoMoTrouble

Postby callofduty » Thu May 10, 2012 3:56 pm

I think all teachers try their very best to make sure every kid gets an education. Sometimes they are overwhelmed by the material that needs to be covered in the school year and only worry about how to teach the lessons and less about the kids social lives. I think that it is very hard for a teacher that sees a student for one hour every other day sometimes isnt enough to know what is going on between them and the other students. The teachers are paid very little for such an admirable job that they should have no blame on bullying in general. They are there to teach and not to have everyone be friendly to each other lets make sure we dont lose sight of that in all this mess.
callofduty

Postby 44Mag » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Teachers really try their best but with their minimal salary and mulitple responsiblities make it difficult to see everything that is going on all the time.
44Mag

Postby Tinkerbella » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I think there are some teachers that become so jaded that they stop wanting to help the students and just want to collect a paycheck.
Tinkerbella

Postby Multiply3 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

If a teacher is proven to be turning a blind eye towards students getting bullied then they should lose their license to teach.
Multiply3

Postby Journey » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Tinkerbella wrote :
> I think there are some teachers that become so jaded that they stop wanting
> to help the students and just want to collect a paycheck.

They should be fired then because if you dont care then move aside and let a new generation in that classroom to spark some much needed change.
Journey

Next

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter