School District Bully program

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

School District Bully program

Postby feather77 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:43 am

I think that they should begin a campaign for school districts around the country focusing on bullying. Instead of treating the problem the old fashion way of suspending the bully which sometimes makes the problem worse they should have a program addressing the real issues. The program should not only protect the kids being bullied but also try to get to the root of why a child is bullying other students. Instead of punishing the bully there should be licensed professionals that take the time to work with the bully and make sure he or she understands that behavior cannot and will not be tolerated at the school.
feather77

Re: School District Bully program

Postby voiced » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm

This would work but you would have to have parent consent first and staff that are seperate from the school so they have nonbias opinions about each student that in entered into the program so they can offer the best help to each individual child.
voiced

Postby MissSass » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 am

Why couldn't the school counselors do this? Why would they have to bring in someone from outside the school? And if they make it mandatory for the child to come back to school, then I don't think that the parents would object.
I think this is a great idea and should have happened a long time ago.
MissSass

Postby Styles » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:11 am

If the counselors were in charge of the bully program then it would dip into their already full schedule neglecting students from meeting with their assigned counselor. If each school was assigned 3-4 professionals that are paid by the school district and not the school then they can conduct the program and answer only to the top administrators from the district. Being seperated is important for a couple of reasons. First, the professionals will know nothing about the particular students so they can make a fair assesment. Second, the faculty should not have direct contact with the bully program advisors in any way to avoid giving their opionions of any student in question. That is important because how a student acts around teachers may be entirely different from how he or she acts around students. If a teacher feels a student is not a problem when they really are it may effect the overall outcome of the program. This program could address and solve many bully problems that have riddled schools for years.
Styles

Postby SeanW » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 am

It would be difficult to set a national standard bullying problem. Reasons for kids being bullied vary by region and sometimes even my state. What a kid might get bullied for in California would differ from a bullying problem in New York. We can all agree that when you attack another student for anything it can be considered bullying so it might take some time to come up with a clear set of rules that could blanket the whole country.
SeanW

Postby MrMars » Fri May 04, 2012 10:40 am

We have something here with a bully program. Giving advice is good and everything but an actual program that is federally funded could actually work. There is a lot of important figures that are in the fight against bullying right now and the right people just have to meet and make it happen. Will someone please step up to the plate and try to get serious discussions about a bully program for both the bully and the victim. We have turned our heads for too long now and its time we stand together and end this ever lasting problem. Anyone.......
MrMars

Postby WildnCrazy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:07 pm

You can always write to your senator and request information on programs in school that can be funded federally and see if there are any grants available.Who would be appointed to run this type of program though? I cant think of anyone off the top of my head who would do a good enough job.
WildnCrazy

Postby MrClean » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I would imagine there is something in the works at the capitol building about this topic now. Too many kids are comitting suicide over bullying and something will have to change because of it.
MrClean

Postby ultralight » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am

I think the problem with bullying is they dont know how to punish a child that is learning their bullying from someone who is bullying them.
ultralight

Postby Whispers » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 am

WildnCrazy wrote :
> You can always write to your senator and request information on programs in
> school that can be funded federally and see if there are any grants
> available.Who would be appointed to run this type of program though? I cant
> think of anyone off the top of my head who would do a good enough job.

Maybe it shouldnt be run by just one person. Maybe there needs to be a group of people that help make this program work.
Whispers

Next

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter