Violent bullying

Feel free to post anything in this area you wish to discuss and share with your fellow BullyVille community.

Violent bullying

Postby DandyDan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Being a parent you expect a certain level of bullying to take place at your kid's school. Maybe they are given a nickname that bothers them or something simple like that. What if they had a bully that was extremely violent. I was made aware that there is a boy at my sons high school that has been held back twice making him a 19 year old 11th grade student. This particular boy has been very violent in the past and the only reason that he hadn't been kicked out on the street is that the principal believed he could reform and do good for himself. I agree with the stance that no kid should be left behind but my son has expressed several times that he is afraid of this boy. He says that he has mentioned bashing heads into lockers multiple times but as long as he does not act then he cannot be held accountable. Is this right? if a student has already proven himself violent and then threatens more violence should this be ignored? I want to take action but I want some advice from others before I go into details and make a plan.
DandyDan

Re: Violent bullying

Postby jalapeno » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

As soon as a student turns violent he has to be seperated from the rest of the students and once they learn that they have to keep their hands to themself then they can return to class
jalapeno

Postby MeerAkul » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:49 pm

I dont even like watching violence on tv so if my son or daughter had to be in the same classroom as a violent bully I would never let the school get away with that.
MeerAkul

Postby Soon2B » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Im a guys guy and I like violence on tv just as much as the next guy but inside of school has no place for violence. I dont even want to hear about how a kid beat up a bully. Any violence with a kid involved is really wrong and we are missing the point
Soon2B

Postby SimpleMan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Violence is taken very seriously at my daughter's prep school. One fight that has a witness placing you as the aggressor is 30 day suspension no questions asked and the second offense is ejection from the school for good. The follow their strict code that school is an istitution for learning and if you harrass/bully another student you are taking away from their learning experience.
SimpleMan

Postby BlogThis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 pm

jalapeno wrote :
> As soon as a student turns violent he has to be seperated from the rest of
> the students and once they learn that they have to keep their hands to
> themself then they can return to class

And every teacher should be aware of the fact they have violent tendancies so they can keep on eye on them
BlogThis

Postby prospect1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

A child that is violent means that they someone has been violent towards them in the past. Should we punish or evaluate?
prospect1

Postby Brainiac » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Depends on how violent. If a student is regularly violent and more than one student is afraid of them then a punishment should be first followed by evaluation but the evaluation should not be in school.
Brainiac

Postby Double00 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 pm

SimpleMan wrote :
> Violence is taken very seriously at my daughter's prep school. One fight
> that has a witness placing you as the aggressor is 30 day suspension no
> questions asked and the second offense is ejection from the school for
> good. The follow their strict code that school is an istitution for
> learning and if you harrass/bully another student you are taking away from
> their learning experience.

Thats not harsh at all this should be in every school
Double00

Postby ToadKing » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Public schools should just copy prep school format. Just because those kids pay money to attend school doesnt mean the public schools cannot follow in their footsteps. Prep schools are better for their teachers obviously but that doesnt mean public schools cannot adopt their same set of rules and standards
ToadKing

Next

Return to General - Off-topic Community Forum

Chat: Enter