School change

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

School change

Postby CabagePatch » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 am

Has anyone ever experienced such horrific bullying that you had to change schools?Explain
CabagePatch

Re: School change

Postby Kates » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 pm

My next door neighbor has to take his son out of school because there was a group of boys that would tease him daily and it became physical. According to the boy the kids were starting fights with him just to get him into trouble because they would all lie and say that he started the fight and they all had matching stories. She eventually took him out of the school because there was no help from the administration and now she is home schooling him instead. Its such a shame when faculty and administration want to protect their own records and deny protection to the kids that are being bullied.
Kates

Postby samestuff » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

I am thinking about doing home school but I dont know what I have to do.
samestuff

Postby flashy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 am

If you were to take your child out of school for 8th grade but wanted to enroll them into the 9th grade the following year, would they be too far behind to join back into public schools?
flashy

Postby Stropp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Check with the school and see what the curriculum for his or her grade is at and compare it to the last school. That is very important so they dont enter a school they are not prepared for.
Stropp

Postby mirror7 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:11 am

One of my best friends growing up was bullied so badly that he actually dropped out. I remember he had a good job at the time for his age so he thought he would be ok but he was in 10th grade and decided to drop out cuz he didnt want to be beaten up anymore. I wasnt big so I couldnt help but I didnt blame him. At least once a week he was punched in the face and reduced to tears in front of his friends and he couldnt take it anymore. I felt so bad that I couldnt help him and I never forgot about him.
mirror7

Postby JoeJoe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 am

It is more important to get your education than make friends in school. We put so much emphasis on just 4 years of life. Parents need to get it through their child's heads that you must push forward get make something of yourself or you will miss out on opportunities
JoeJoe

Postby WhaleWhatcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Learning how to deal with your peers is a lesson in itself. You have to find a balance between your social life and your education or you will not develop in the forum that you should be involved with at that age. Home schooling or schools changes should only happen when violence is too big of a risk.
WhaleWhatcher

Postby Fozzy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:14 pm

samestuff wrote :
> I am thinking about doing home school but I dont know what I have to do.

I would have a serious conversation with your folks before making that choice. Weigh out the pros and cons and tell them how you feel and what you have tried. At least try their recommendations first before you decide to leave your school. If you can overcome your bullies without having to leave you will become a lot stronger from it.
Fozzy

Postby JerseyDood » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 am

What if you change schools to avoid being bullied only to land at another school where you get bullied? Will they allow you to switch again or do you have to home school after that?
JerseyDood

Next

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter