Change route and timing

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

Re: Change route and timing

Postby Soul2Soul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 am

Nothing wrong with showing up to school early. Some teachers will allow you to help them get organized and ready for the day so you can avoid the early morning bully by getting to the worm before them :D
Soul2Soul

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am

Find a group to go with if going early isn't an option. My kids school will not allow students on the grounds until 10 minutes prior to first bell. I usually drop all the kids off in morning and then they walk home with a group of kids from neighborhood. If they asked to go early, im getting involved to find out why.
MizCeeDub

Postby Brooky » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

My kid has the no loitering policy as well so we just sit in the car around the corner in a neighborhood and when we hear the bell I drive her to the corner and she walks inside.
Brooky

Postby DoraLynn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Does anyone do car pools anymore? Wouldn't that help with the bullying on the way to school, or the commute home after school?
DoraLynn

Postby LouieLouie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:10 am

DoraLynn wrote :
> Does anyone do car pools anymore? Wouldn't that help with the bullying on
> the way to school, or the commute home after school?

I know! It seems like the entire country is too busy to carpool and make sure the kids have a safe way to arrive and depart school.
LouieLouie

Postby pinkiejay » Wed May 01, 2013 9:24 am

I carpool my kids and the neighbors kids. I don't like them out here on the streets. Parents are too frustrated and want to speed, swerving around corners, inpatient and just don't pat attention in general to their surroundings. I carpool them and we meet at the far end of school. I pick them up and drop them off. Ive seen a little girl be knocked off her bike at teh school by a car, ive seen a car screeching its brakes to avoid hitting a mo and her kid in the cross walk. Ive seen kids dart into the street and cars swerve to hit them. I refuse to let my kids be a victim to impatient parents. Plus, this keeps the chance of bullying to a minimum.
pinkiejay

Postby 1scarymona2 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 am

I used to live in a gang area... I would have to take an extra 15 minutes walking around a gang infested neighborhood.
This post makes perfect sense to me.
1scarymona2

Postby masonjar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 am

I think changing a route is great if your being bullied. I lived in a neighborhood that all the parents would be out waiting on their lawns or front porches for the kids, so, it was hard to be bullied on the way home or even to school. Most of the bullying happened on the playground, the buses, locker rooms and during lunch.
masonjar

Postby Turtle7867 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 am

You can avoid bullies and you never have to fight or walk away in the first place, smart!
Turtle7867

Postby CaliTyme » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 am

I still do this today to avoid aggressive salesmen and panhandlers
CaliTyme

Previous

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter