Change route and timing

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

Change route and timing

Postby BrightLight » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Sometimes when you need to avoid a bully its as simple as changing the route that you normally see them on and going 15 minutes before or after your normal routine.If you normally see the same bully in the same place they may consider it their "territory" so just avoid it all together and plan a different route so you can be carefree again.
BrightLight

Re: Change route and timing

Postby Kleenex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

When I was 9 I had to take the bus to school and I would run into this older kids as they were waiting for their bus too and the only way I could avoid them is to jump into peoples backyards and get into the neighborhood where my stop was. I did this for like 7 months after the first 2 were filled with running and fearing rocks being thrown at my head. Sometimes the best way to get out of a fight is to just avoid the bullies completely by never being in the same place they are.
Kleenex

Postby knighted » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:01 pm

In between classes in junior high I would walk around an entire building to get to my next class even though it was just a few doors down because this bully Jeremy Mutart made my life miserable. He would knock my books out of my hand or pull on my back pack so hard I would fall down and he would just point and laugh. I knew that if I would walk around the building I had no chance of bumping into him so I did what I had to do to avoid being bullied.
knighted

Postby BEEEEZ » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 pm

I used to be able to see my bus stop from inside my house and when the bus was coming down the street I would go run and get on so I didnt give kids the opportunity to pick on me before the bus driver got there. If you are lucky enough to live close I would do that because you save yourself from starting your day off bad.
BEEEEZ

Postby SlimRim » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Sometimes when I was at my cousins house I wouldnt walk back home until the street lights came on because his next door neighbor was such a jerk and would try to chase me and beat me up. Even when I knew I had to be home before the street lights came on I still would be late and take a yelling from my mama and not get whooped by the older kid.
SlimRim

Postby Essentially » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

School was about 3 miles away from my house and I was the last pick up on my bus stop.There were 2 brothers that would beat me up before the bus came almost every day. Finally I decided to ride my bike to school instead even though it took an extra 20 minutes. Just changing that one thing protected me from those brothers from ever hurting me again.
Essentially

Postby Hearty7678 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm

I was late to my first period for my entire freshmen year because I refused to take the bus and get bullied so I rode my bike 12 miles to school. Got in great shape and stayed away from my bullies though.
Hearty7678

Postby Barron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:54 pm

I read an article one time about linking truancy to bullying and it was an alarming number to how many students were late to their 1st class of the day so they can avoid seeing other students in passing. I would like to see more teachers outside of the classrooms greeting the students as they enter and keeping an eye out in the hallways for bullying.
Barron

Postby Bunnie66 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:07 pm

I remember when I was younger there was a girl that used to call me big butt whenever she saw me in the hallways. It was so embarrassing that I would purposely walk around the outside of the school so I could avoid seeing her. I did this so much that sometimes my friends would ask me why they never see me in passing period and I was always too ashamed to admit that I would be hiding from my bully. Sometimes when you dont have the strength to face them you have to just avoid the conflict no matter what.
Bunnie66

Postby LightHouseMary » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am

That's true coming or leaving at odd times will help you curb and avoid some bullies.
LightHouseMary

Next

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter