Offer friendship

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

Offer friendship

Postby handyman » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

It may seem odd to want to be friends with your bully but that may be the thing that will soften them up a little bit. Explain that every time you see each other you would rather say whats up and how you doing instead of running or hiding. Try to offer to hang out with you and your friends and teach them that people would really like them if they would just be a little nicer. Sometimes to cure a bully they just need a good friend.
handyman

Re: Offer friendship

Postby hocuspocus » Wed May 16, 2012 3:03 pm

^^Like this very much. This is the kind of contributions that we need on this topic. If you dont have a positive way of solving this problem then dont bother submitting it. There is too much emphasis on the punishment and not treating the problem. Great idea handyman :!: :!: :!:
hocuspocus

Postby WildnCrazy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm

This is a very good point but remember many of the victims of bullying in school do not have any friends so kids dont want to be friends with the kid nobody likes. All they want is to have a friend but they become the class punching bag. I like the spirit of your message but for a kid who has problems making friends may have a difficult time with your advice.
WildnCrazy

Postby ULTRA » Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Both HocusPocus and WildnCrazy have good ideas and both make good points. I agree with you both but I still like to lean towards anything that is positive like that. Kids are so conditioned to expect hate when they dish hate but when you give them love and offer friendship you never know what you might do to someone. It would definately be better then any fighting that could happen from the bullying so why wouldnt everyone want to tell their child to act this way.
ULTRA

Postby carrothead » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm

You really could change a bully's life around by just telling them that you want to be friends regardless of how poorly they treat you and get through to them that its a lot easier if they were just cool with each other because there is no hard feelings.
carrothead

Postby guarana » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:04 pm

It takes a very brave person to do this, do you think you can do it?

You will only know if you try!
guarana

Postby WestBrookings » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I dont think I am a good enough person to want to befriend the bully that is making my life hell.Im just not that kind of person.
WestBrookings

Postby NorthStar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

WestBrookings wrote :
> I dont think I am a good enough person to want to befriend the bully that
> is making my life hell.Im just not that kind of person.

Doing the right thing isnt always easy but thats what earns you respect.
NorthStar

Postby St0ps » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Dont forget that if you can teach the people in your life that hate brings more hate and love brings more love you can change the ways of everyone around you. Changing the thinking of those around you will help keep your surroundings peaceful and will be welcoming to anyone new who may be lost and a bully that needs a good friend.
St0ps

Postby Marion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 pm

You will make a lot more friends than enemies when you step out of the box and do something like this. You might be the bullies first real friend and you could change both of your lives.
Marion

Next

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter