Kill them with kindness

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

Kill them with kindness

Postby FreeLove » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:38 pm

It is a lot more difficult to bully someone who is over the top nice to you. Even a bully will start to feel guilty if all you ever do is nice things for them. Imagine a kid picking on another but when the bully needs help the very same kid who he bullied is there for him. It might make he or she rethink how they treat others. The bully might have a preconceived notion that anyone that they bully will hate them for it so when you show kindness it will change their ways. They will understand that even through negativity there are good people and they might leave you alone and turn over a new leaf in the process.
FreeLove

Re: Kill them with kindness

Postby spinning » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Great Advice FreeLove! My grandmother used to say this exact thing. "Zachary when they want to be disrespectful that doesnt make it right for you now you just kill them with kindness" How do you continue to be mean to someone who does nice things to you every day? This is a non confrontational way to live your life and a great way to turn enemies into friends too.
spinning

Postby NOVEMBER » Tue May 01, 2012 2:03 pm

I had an art teacher in elementary school that used to tell me that because I got picked on because I was short. Everyone used to call be shrimp and say that I looked like I wasnt old enough to be in their grade. Sometimes it would make me tear up but I always would try to hide my emotions. My art teacher introduced me to painting at a very young age and showed how I can express myself through my painting when I was having a hard time coping with the bullying. Even though I would try to be nice to the whenever I could they would still pick on me and tell me that I was too little to be their friend. About 10th grade I hit my growth spurt and now I am 6 feet tall and can paint with the best of them. I will never forget him telling me to just kill them with kindness because I didnt understand why I should treat people nicely that hurt me so bad but I get it now. I just cant live my life any other way...
NOVEMBER

Postby americandream » Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 pm

LOVE! I havent even heard this saying in years and it just brought the cheesiest smile to my face. There is just something that we have wired inside of us that makes us feel terrible if we are mean to someone who tries to be nice to us. Think about when you get upset with someone when they make a mistake but you tell yourself im just not going to say anything because they are really nice and I dont want to hurt their feelings. If you are mean to everyone then nobody would consider your feelings like that. It works the same way with a bully. Even if you think that the bully that picks on you doesnt deserve good treatment sometimes it is the best way to get them away from you. At least keep the bullying down to a minimal amount.
americandream

Postby Druids » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

This is old school advice but you know what if it aint broke dont fix it
Druids

Postby Brute » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am

spinning wrote :
> Great Advice FreeLove! My grandmother used to say this exact thing.
> "Zachary when they want to be disrespectful that doesnt make it right
> for you now you just kill them with kindness" How do you continue to
> be mean to someone who does nice things to you every day? This is a non
> confrontational way to live your life and a great way to turn enemies into
> friends too.

Mine too! It seems like all those nice elderly people are gone now. I remember how wise and kind my grandmother was. She always gave the best advice and killing them with kindness was one of them
Brute

Postby RightOn » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 am

Druids wrote :
> This is old school advice but you know what if it aint broke dont fix it

I still say this to my children so its still alive and kicking!
RightOn

Postby Engine8 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:32 pm

My 11th grade Literature teacher has this on a sign next to her desk. I remember when someone would be irritating her and she would just look at the sign and smile really big and talk like she was overwhelmed with joy. She was being sarcastic of course but everyone had a really fun time when she would do this.
Engine8

Postby FromU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

After a bully insults you try smiling and telling them to have a nice day and see what their reaction is I bet you get a good laugh.
FromU

Postby rainbows3 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Nothing wrong with spreading a little positive energy toward someone who probably never gets that
rainbows3

Next

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter