Humor

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

Humor

Postby mogul » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Growing up smaller than the rest of my class I had to develop a sense of humor to deal with the bullies. I found out that if I could make jokes about myself that were funnier than anything that they could come up with then I could make the bully laugh and not be mad. Now that I am older I read bios on comedians and that is how most of them got out of sticky situations too. Sometimes developing a sense of humor is the best way to be friends with everyone.
mogul

Re: Humor

Postby ferris » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Everyone likes to laugh and it is very hard to laugh and be angry at the same time. Learn to laugh at yourself and agree with people when they make fun of you but lighten up the mood a little. Dont tell them you dont like them just say oh come on thats a little harsh I agree with you some what but that one hurt. Its just defusing the problem a little bit with humor and you will end up making a lot of friends in the process of deterring bullies.
ferris

Postby counterculture » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Everyone always loves a good laugh and if you are the person that can make that happen people want you around. If everyone loves you then bullies might leave you alone because its not the popular or cool thing to pick on you because you are the funny kid that makes everyone have a good day and a smile. Telling jokes in school can absolutely keep the bullying down to a minimum
counterculture

Postby matured » Wed May 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello my name is Angelo and I was a very chubby kid. I was teased and people poked my stomach and told me to laugh like the Pillsbury doughboy. I would cry in my room at night thinking about what the kids said to me that day and it wasnt just boys but girls that I had a crush on would call me a pig and oink when I walked past them.

My older brother would try to get me to play sports but I never liked them I only wanted to read books and stay inside. One day I read a book where a man was teased when he was in school about his clothes. This character would think about all of the best things you would say to someone with bad clothes and have them ready. He would laugh at the jokes when someone made one and say that was a pathetic excuse for a joke man if you are going to make fun of me you could at least say that I look like ai stole my clothes from a homeless man or something. This would make all the other kids laugh and like him because he showed that he had a sense of humor. The first couple times I tried this it was really hard to make fun of myself but when kids starting coming up to me and wanting to hang out I knew it was because of the changes I made.

I figured if I can make fun of myself like the guy in the book then nobody would pick on me because it didnt bother me and it worked. After that year I became more popular and started getting girls to like me too. It is all about your confidence and how you show other people what you want to be treated like and they start following you. Its hard to teach someone confidence but if I would have to offer one bit of advice it would be that you should just tell yourself that you are bradd pitt or someone good looking and famous and just act like you think he would act when people tease him. Just smile and act like it was no big deal.
matured

Postby TUNNEL » Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Thats awesome Angelo. I hope that you arent mad at your brother for trying to help you. He was just trying to do anything he could so dont fault him for that. Developing a sense of humor is key to getting through things in life. It really doesnt matter if you look like a super model in life it just matters that you love yourself and the people around you.
TUNNEL

Postby mania » Tue May 22, 2012 3:58 pm

If you read the bios of most comedians you will find that they were bullied terribly in school but developed a very good sense of humor to protect themselves. Comedians are people pleasers for a reason. At a very young age they figured out that if they made thier enemies laugh then they would never be bullied. Finding out what is funny to a bully is a matter of reading what kind of person they are. Comedians are very good at doing this, its call identifying your audience. Once you have established who you are talking to you can make the judgement call on what type of jokes to tell them. Having humor can get you a long way in life.
mania

Postby PLUS3 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Keeping a good sense of humor about life in general will unlock many doors in your life. I know that if you can find the humor in every situation that you need to overcome will help lighten the mood a little. When you have someone who is bullying you in school or work just try to find something that you know they will laugh at and you will have a new friend before you know it.
PLUS3

Postby Veegan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Funny people are always the ones who are friends with everyone. I remember the funniest kid was always just referred to as the funny guy and he got a pass to do whatever he wanted because he could make you laugh. Even the kids that were mean to everyone liked the funny guy. This really is true if you want to have a way to make friends start telling jokes and before you know it you are mr popular.
Veegan

Postby blackcherry » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:00 pm

mania wrote :
> If you read the bios of most comedians you will find that they were bullied
> terribly in school but developed a very good sense of humor to protect
> themselves.

Right! Its funny how we can develop different ways as kids based off what happens and definately comedians see a lot of darkness when they are young and only want to surround themself with laughter.
blackcherry

Postby Angel777 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:55 pm

I think if you have to deal with a bunch of dark situations as a kid you turn to humor because its the only thing that can make you get away from the thoughts. Humorous people often are from speckled pasts.
Angel777

Next

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter