Dont back down

Think you might be getting bullied but don’t have enough information to know for sure? Have you been bullied in the past and have some handy tips and tactics to share with those going through the hurt and pain of being bullied? Come ask your questions and share your tips and tactics here.

Dont back down

Postby LuvChix » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Dont back down from a bully because then they walk all over you. Its hard to explain but when you stand up to someone when both of you know that you couldnt over power them they will have respect for you. If they dont then others will and to have strength in numbers is another way to defeat a bully. Keep your chin high and always defend yourself when you have no other options.
LuvChix

Re: Dont back down

Postby KCdude » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Getting beat up really bad is not an option either. Remember that standing up for yourself doesn't mean to fight when you do not have to and running when you need to does not make you a coward. Usually a bully is bigger than you so when you have adults or friends near it might be safer at that moment in case it turns physical. You should always stand up for yourself and your beliefs but use your head so you do not get hurt in the process.
KCdude

Postby JustynVynn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:35 am

For me, never backing down worked. If i was gonna get beat up anyway, and get in trouble for "fighting" as opposed to defending myself, I figured I might as well hit back as hard and as fierce as I could...I also never fought cleanly either, using anything to my discretion, biting, eye gouging, choking. I don't condone what I did, but I am proud of what I did. I fought back, and made sure they never touched me again. In the end my bullying ended when I decided I would bring out my confidence, and a little bit of arrogance. Its ahrd for someone being bullied I know. But it worked, and it worked so well, bring arrogant (even i it was faked), made the bullies back down in a way I hadn't seen. I'm in no way arrogant now, but it helped me.
JustynVynn

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:42 pm

The MAIN way of dealing with a bully is to ignore them. They wont ALWAYS back off immediately but in the end, everyone backs offs eventually. Remember though, if VIOLENCE is ever involved, that is when its crossing the line. You don't necessarily want to take it into your own hands because the consequences for both sides will be equal but taking it up with the appropriate authorities is the best course of action if VIOLENCE is ever inflicted. As for name calling and any other form of VERBAL bullying, just ignore it. You are better than that. Hold your head high and never let ANYONE bring you down!
anyname09

Postby Slight » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:23 pm

JustynVynn wrote :
> For me, never backing down worked. If i was gonna get beat up anyway, and
> get in trouble for "fighting" as opposed to defending myself, I
> figured I might as well hit back as hard and as fierce as I could

Its that mentality that will keep bullies away from you. They want an easy fight and when you show signs of aggression when you are pushed to the brink you deter your bully from bothering you because of the fight. They dont want a fight they want a punshing bag so if you just fight like you have nothing to lose you will scare them away.
Slight

Postby Coppers » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

You will respect yourself a lot more if you stand up to a bully. Everyone expects you to be scared of the bully so when you stand up to them and show your courage then you provoke the people arround you to stand up to the bully with you. Do play the victim and you wont ever become the victim!
Coppers

Postby reasons » Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Backing down doesnt mean avoiding a fight. backing down means letting people walk all over you and getting away with what they do to you. Just because they are bigger than you doesnt mean you are helpless. That is why there are teachers so they can protect you from bullies. Remain the same person and standing up for what you think is right even if it makes the bully mad is always the right thing. You can avoid a fight when it presents itself but dont allow someone to bully you without any resistance.
reasons

Postby SPARXX » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

This one is tough to decide what side I choose because I dont think you should back down to bullies ever but since I dont know each and every persons current situation it would be irresposible to lump everyone together. One thing I am sure of is that you dont have to be physically beaten up to prove that you arent afraid.
SPARXX

Postby practical » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Never back down from what you believe in and it will build your character and you will earn respect later in life.
practical

Postby GREAT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 am

When I was in the 6th grade I had a bully on my school bus. His name was Sean Bindleman and he hated me and I hated him. He would throw things at me and call me names and one time he even pushed me down so hard I scrapped my knee and thought I would need to go to the hospital. I took his bullying for almost an entire school year when one day I was upset about something and when he tried to push me I flipped out and took my backpack and started swinging it as hard as I could at him and I wanted to hurt him. The bus driver saw this and I got in trouble but when I told him what that kid would do I didnt get in trouble. After that day he never tried to hit me again. He wouldnt even look at me like he was afraid or something. Im not saying use a weapon or hurt another kid im just saying that if you want to get them off your case you will have to take a stand and no matter what happens things will be different after.
GREAT

Next

Return to Dealing with a Bully - Tips and Tactics

Chat: Enter