Fight Back

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Re: Fight Back

Postby Made4fun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm

We live in a hypocratic society that points the finger in all directions instead of solving the problem we would rather bash who is to blame. If you are not willing to fight for what you believe in then you allow the bullies to walk all over you.
Made4fun

Postby Golf23 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm

My boys know that fighting back is the only thing I will tollerate but starting a fight should never happen. Thank goodness they havent had to do either of those yet but they are still in elementary school.
Golf23

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am

Wow... feminist world? And punching a kid in the nose nowadays gets the one who got punched so butt hurt they run and grab a gun and shoot a kid for simple trying to stand up for themselves... this isnt the days when you can justvsay "stop, leave me alone" and maybe smack em and its all said and done. Kids thesevsays are shooting, stabbing, and killing. So far as teaching martial arts... last I heard, if you are trained in these sports, you now become a "registered weapon" so to speak, and any use of those arts outside the scope of competition will get that person charged, regardless of self defense. Wrong advice to be giving such impressionable kids and teens.
MizCeeDub

Postby FrancinePollupsOO » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am

I agree ... For self defense yes!
FrancinePollupsOO

Postby DoraLynn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:51 pm

MizCeeDub wrote :
> Wow... feminist world? And punching a kid in the nose nowadays gets the one
> who got punched so butt hurt they run and grab a gun and shoot a kid for
> simple trying to stand up for themselves... this isnt the days when you can
> justvsay "stop, leave me alone" and maybe smack em and its all
> said and done. Kids thesevsays are shooting, stabbing, and killing. So far
> as teaching martial arts... last I heard, if you are trained in these
> sports, you now become a "registered weapon" so to speak, and any
> use of those arts outside the scope of competition will get that person
> charged, regardless of self defense. Wrong advice to be giving such
> impressionable kids and teens.
This is so true! There was a freshman who was killed by a junior at my school because the freshman tried cold c*ck punching him in his face at a party. A few weeks later there was another altercation at a party and the freshman was killed by him. He said he "embarresed" him.... I don't know about martial arts and being charged as deadly weapons, but I would assume that because you are trained to fight, that the self defense wouldn't e taken to quickly. Usually self defense is weapon against weapon, right? A knife, a knife, fist v. Fist, gun v. Gun, etc. I could be wrong
DoraLynn

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 pm

DoraLynn wrote :
> MizCeeDub wrote :
> > Wow... feminist world? And punching a kid in the nose nowadays gets the one
> > who got punched so butt hurt they run and grab a gun and shoot a kid for
> > simple trying to stand up for themselves... this isnt the days when you can
> > justvsay "stop, leave me alone" and maybe smack em and its all
> > said and done. Kids thesevsays are shooting, stabbing, and killing. So far
> > as teaching martial arts... last I heard, if you are trained in these
> > sports, you now become a "registered weapon" so to speak, and any
> > use of those arts outside the scope of competition will get that person
> > charged, regardless of self defense. Wrong advice to be giving such
> > impressionable kids and teens.
> This is so true! There was a freshman who was killed by a junior at my school because
> the freshman tried cold c*ck punching him in his face at a party. A few weeks later
> there was another altercation at a party and the freshman was killed by him. He said
> he "embarresed" him.... I don't know about martial arts and being charged
> as deadly weapons, but I would assume that because you are trained to fight, that the
> self defense wouldn't e taken to quickly. Usually self defense is weapon against
> weapon, right? A knife, a knife, fist v. Fist, gun v. Gun, etc. I could be wrong
How tragic! I'm not sure how self defense works in Nevada, but Washington state, you have to use same type of force to protect yourself, anything more, say, knife to gun, self defense is thrown out, unless certain circumstances
MizCeeDub

Postby AAways » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 am

Golf23 wrote :
> My boys know that fighting back is the only thing I will tollerate but
> starting a fight should never happen. Thank goodness they havent had to do
> either of those yet but they are still in elementary school.

Just the attitude that they will fight if they have to keeps kids away from them probably
AAways

Postby pinkiejay » Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 am

I think fighting back is on a case by case basis. Sure, if a kid throws the first punch, by all means, kick their ass. But if its a bunch of name calling, maybe a push here and there, then maybe not such a good idea. For girls, I think the resorting to violence is when the name calling and such reaches its peek. Girls tend to be more ugly with words and getting a rally of girls and boys to dislike the girl. So fighting would not be an option for them. I agree with what one poster said that martial arts can be interpreted as a "weapon' charges if used outside of competition purposes. Yes, they teach this as a self defense, but if it was ever to reach the civil courts, for instance of a bully provoking his victim, the victim uses self defense martial arts, kicks the bully and the bullly dies or becomes severely hurt, because of the martial arts, then it can be deemed using force greater than the force to provoke the fight in the first place. One thing people fail to forget is the justice system looks at the way a person defends himself. Is it about the same or greater than the force used on them. When you have a kid who is jaw jabbing, then pushing, maybe a punch to the gut or face, and then the victim goes all super ninja doing a round house kick to his jaw, the fore of the kid who uses the martial arts is going to be in trouble. HE IS TRAINED. Where as the bully is not. Sorry for long post, but I had to further explain why I agreed with the poster. I really think its a case by case basis, and martial arts should be used as a scare tactic and only in competition. We would all agree the bully would getwhat he deserved messing with a kid who knew karate, but the results could become very ugly for the victim.
pinkiejay

Postby BNBillsOps » Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 am

I agree to an extent, I think they need to try and talk it out first (reason with the bully) then if they have to DEFEND themselves that is okay.
BNBillsOps

Postby MizCeeDub » Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Nicely said. I agree
MizCeeDub

PreviousNext

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter