Ask Adults

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Re: Ask Adults

Postby MisterE » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

RedBandit wrote :
> I was always confused when I was younger about fighting. My mother was
> totally against it and didnt agree that violence solved violence. My dad on
> the other hand would tell me that if I wanted it to stop I had to get them
> worse than they got me. These conflicting views made me battle my instincts
> to fight back when I needed and I acted when I didnt. It took me until high
> school to understand that you dont need to fight everyone but sometimes it
> just has to be done.

Hear this parents? This is why its important that you communicate so you dont send mixed messages. Agree on how you want the child to be raised and work together.
MisterE

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 pm

MisterE wrote :
> RedBandit wrote :
> > I was always confused when I was younger about fighting. My mother was
> > totally against it and didnt agree that violence solved violence. My dad on
> > the other hand would tell me that if I wanted it to stop I had to get them
> > worse than they got me. These conflicting views made me battle my instincts
> > to fight back when I needed and I acted when I didnt. It took me until high
> > school to understand that you dont need to fight everyone but sometimes it
> > just has to be done.
>
> Hear this parents? This is why its important that you communicate so you dont send
> mixed messages. Agree on how you want the child to be raised and work together.

So true! I, personally, am against violence. <y husband on the other hand is like punch 'em one good time so that they will leave you alone. I always try and tell them to choose their battles wisely. Try and fix problems with the help of talking with adults. If the bullying is out of control and they swing on you, then defend yourself. Don't go looking for problems or they will come find you. So far, I have not had to deal with my kids being bullied bad, and definitely no fighting.
MizCeeDub

Postby TUCKER » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 pm

I see parents all the time get undermined by the other when they are trying to actually give them a life lesson. It is very irresposible to take raising a kid lightly. They are like a sponge and if you dont feed them with good information they will have a harder time than another kid with structure at home.Fighting is not ok and we all need to be on the same page
TUCKER

Postby BigTymer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:29 pm

I dont have any kids but I have a few younger cousins and one nephew. He seems to love school so I have never had to support him through bullying like I went through. I dont know tell be honest how I would help because I was a push over in school and I think that is why I was bullied so much and things havent changed much 23 years later. I still feel like I am bullied a little bit at work. I wish that adult could all be developed a nice but that is not the truth
BigTymer

Previous

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter