Ask Adults

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Re: Ask Adults

Postby marigold » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:14 pm

If they havent been bullied when they were in school they will have great advice how to avoid them or tricks to fool them. Its the wisdom of an adult that you are seeking not the actual same problem that you are having.
marigold
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby Muchos » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:31 pm

It will be a good bonding moment for you and your mom, dad, or grandparent. I dont care who you are we have all had some form of bullying and it helps to know that you are not alone.
Muchos
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby Scored » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 pm

I remember when I was 11 my dad picked me up from school after I had been bullied by some of the kids at school and he could tell I was crying. I told him what was happening and he told me that when he was younger he used to get chased home by these brothers and if they caught him he would have to fight. I never thought my dad could be bullied because he was my hero. Him telling me that made me think that if he can hide it then so can I. After that day I never let the bullies make me cry and I actually could laugh it off sometimes. Knowing that my dad had to deal with it too made it easier to accept that it was a part of life for some people.
Scored
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby LAwerk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Muchos wrote :
> It will be a good bonding moment for you and your mom, dad, or grandparent.
> I dont care who you are we have all had some form of bullying and it helps
> to know that you are not alone.

It always helps you hear that people you respect have been in the same situation. It makes you feel like you will be just fine
LAwerk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby wrenched » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 pm

when you keep it bottled up inside you only hear one voice over and over saying the same thing that is why asking adults gives you a different voice to hear
wrenched
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby DoraLynn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:51 pm

asking an adult is a great idea. anybody at the schools and and teachers, counselors, ppl at your church, whatever, is always a great way to help you deal with being bullied. you will probably get a lot of feedback on what you can do or how to deal. even family members at some point in time may have been bullied and you can have a great prospective on dealing and coping.
DoraLynn
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:56 pm

DoraLynn wrote :
> asking an adult is a great idea. anybody at the schools and and teachers,
> counselors, ppl at your church, whatever, is always a great way to help you
> deal with being bullied. you will probably get a lot of feedback on what
> you can do or how to deal. even family members at some point in time may
> have been bullied and you can have a great prospective on dealing and
> coping.
This is true! Adults can help in any situation. They have more experience and can help solve problems. Good advice doralynn.
MizCeeDub
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby RedBandit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:47 pm

I was always confused when I was younger about fighting. My mother was totally against it and didnt agree that violence solved violence. My dad on the other hand would tell me that if I wanted it to stop I had to get them worse than they got me. These conflicting views made me battle my instincts to fight back when I needed and I acted when I didnt. It took me until high school to understand that you dont need to fight everyone but sometimes it just has to be done.
RedBandit
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby DoraLynn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 pm

MizCeeDub wrote :
> DoraLynn wrote :
> > asking an adult is a great idea. anybody at the schools and and teachers,
> > counselors, ppl at your church, whatever, is always a great way to help you
> > deal with being bullied. you will probably get a lot of feedback on what
> > you can do or how to deal. even family members at some point in time may
> > have been bullied and you can have a great prospective on dealing and
> > coping.
> This is true! Adults can help in any situation. They have more experience and can
> help solve problems. Good advice doralynn.

Thank you.
DoraLynn
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Ask Adults

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm

DoraLynn wrote :
> MizCeeDub wrote :
> > DoraLynn wrote :
> > > asking an adult is a great idea. anybody at the schools and and teachers,
> > > counselors, ppl at your church, whatever, is always a great way to help you
> > > deal with being bullied. you will probably get a lot of feedback on what
> > > you can do or how to deal. even family members at some point in time may
> > > have been bullied and you can have a great prospective on dealing and
> > > coping.
> > This is true! Adults can help in any situation. They have more experience and
> can
> > help solve problems. Good advice doralynn.
>
> Thank you.

Welcome ;)
MizCeeDub
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

cron
Chat: Enter