Ask Adults

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Ask Adults

Postby NeverForget » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 pm

If you are being bullied at school and you feel that you are alone then maybe you should speak up. You dont have to tell an adult that you are being bullied just ask if they ever went through it. 9 times out of 10 you will find an adult that will share with you how they were bullied and most importantly how the overcame it. Even some of the most talented,successful,cool people have been bullied at one point in their life but you get over it and you are much stronger once it's finished.
NeverForget

Re: Ask Adults

Postby POSSIBLE » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Im 39 years old and when I was in the 7th grade kids you used tease me because of the clothes I wore. They called my poor and a bum and it used to make me cry when I came home. I would always ask my parents why cant I get some different clothes and they would tell me that the ones I had were still in good condition and until they had holes in them I couldnt get anymore. I had no idea that my parents didnt have any money because they were always good at making excuses why we couldnt do certain things that were convincing so we didnt get upset. Now I am proud to be a parent and a owner of my own business. Now I can take care of my own son and wife and also my brothers and sisters all are taken care of by me too. I decided that I wanted to buy clothes for my child whenever he asks for them and I have done just that.
POSSIBLE

Postby junior » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:46 pm

I was the youngest of 5 children and I was bullied constantly. I never put up much of a fight because I was much smaller but now that I am older all of my older siblings protect me and I absolutely love them for it. Bullying doesnt last forever and when you find that out you will be full of joy.
junior

Postby voices » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Sometimes adults will act like they were all stars in everything and everyone loved them always. Its very hard to believe that you werent bullied by someone at one point in your life or another. If you want to help a boy a girl out that is being bullied trying to relate to them by telling your experiences might be the best thing for them.
voices

Postby swigg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:16 am

You should always ask the wise. They have been there before and they will always give you the sound advice that you need. Its very reassuring when someone who you think has it all together explains they once were bullied too. Its like you feel validated that you arent a total loser and you can make something of yourself
swigg

Postby WINGS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:02 pm

When you hear enough stories about adults overcoming bullies it gives you the strength to know that you will get over it one day. That is sometimes all you need to know.
WINGS

Postby GoldenArrow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:25 pm

I was bullied in the 4th grade and one time my uncle was over at my house and he could tell I was upset so once I told him what happened he told me about this school bully that taunted him and all his friends growing up because he was so much bigger but when they started highscool they had all gotten much bigger than him and they actually saw him being picked on by the kids at the highschool and didnt help him because he got a taste of his own medicine. I remember smiling the entire story and into the next day hoping this would one day happen to my bully.
GoldenArrow

Postby abstract » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 pm

The adults are there to explain that life is not over. They are there to explain that they have been there before. You may think that you are the only one and you are not. Life is very similar with how things repeat itself. There will always be a girl that got away and there will always be a bully that gives you trouble. When you think that nobody understands you its because you are keeping it all inside. The only way you will get the advice that you need is by asking for some help.
abstract

Postby Choppy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:25 pm

If you trust the adult you are talking to ask them to give details on what they were thinking while they were getting bullied. You really will be delighted to hear from them that they felt the same way that you did.
Choppy

Postby VRossy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

There are plenty of adults in your family that would be thrilled to speak to you about their childhood and the problems that they had to overcome. I wish that every kid wasnt so afraid to admit that they are having trouble finding a solution for their bullies. Adults would really like to help you if you would just stop carrying the burden all alone.
VRossy

Next

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter