I dont want to ask for help

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

I dont want to ask for help

Postby strike3 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:15 pm

I have been getting bullied for the past few months at my new school but I havent said anything to anybody.Its some jerk that makes fun of the way I do my hair and whenever he sees me he puts his hands on my head shaking me and messing my hair up. When I try to get away he holds onto my shirt or my backpack.His friends just laugh at him so he keeps doing it and I dont want to tell someone because if he gets into trouble I dont want him to beat me up.I want it to stop but I dont know how to do it. Help.
strike3

Re: I dont want to ask for help

Postby Merlin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm

When you know you are about to see him next go into the bathroom and put some hairgel in your hair and dont let it dry just walk out by him. When he put his hands in your hair he will get a nice sloppy surprise and maybe he will think twice before touching your head again. (non-violent approach)
Merlin

Postby vazz1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm

don't let him touch you. take karate or tai chi. if they know you can defend yourself, they won't try anything. learn to block and evade his moves. see if you can talk to the principal or your parents for help, as well.
vazz1

Postby Kris10 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 am

Merlin, I like your advice! The bully will look like an idiot! haha. If he gets mad after that, go straight to the principal and tell him/her. No shame in telling! If you are forced to fight, they most likely suspend both kids these days!
Kris10

Postby anyname09 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 pm

"Online Bullying" is a facade. It's main stream media creating a false sense of security for those who are troubled with their own thoughts of wanting to hurt themselves. All we are doing by setting up this website and by jumping on this "Anti-bullying" flag ship is enabling more excuses. Our society has got to a point where we no longer feel the need to take responsibility of our OWN actions. We look to point the finger at someone else in order to feel better about our decisions in life. If you feel like you want to kill yourself, its not your right to point the finger at someone else and blame them. Look at yourself in the mirror for once and go get some help. I am so tired of hearing this "Anti-Bullying" campaign, its just the next "racial card" innuendo. Where have our morals and values gone in this world... smh!
anyname09

Postby JustynVynn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:16 pm

anyname09 wrote :
> "Online Bullying" is a facade. It's main stream media creating a
> false sense of security for those who are troubled with their own thoughts
> of wanting to hurt themselves. All we are doing by setting up this website
> and by jumping on this "Anti-bullying" flag ship is enabling more
> excuses. Our society has got to a point where we no longer feel the need to
> take responsibility of our OWN actions. We look to point the finger at
> someone else in order to feel better about our decisions in life. If you
> feel like you want to kill yourself, its not your right to point the finger
> at someone else and blame them. Look at yourself in the mirror for once and
> go get some help. I am so tired of hearing this "Anti-Bullying"
> campaign, its just the next "racial card" innuendo. Where have
> our morals and values gone in this world... smh!

UH listen man, it seems to me you've never been bullied, at least online. These kids don't have thoughts of hurting themselves before the bullying, it comes from not feeling safe, even when theyre at home, a place that is supposed to be safe. its not a "facade" for mainstream media. By saying what you just did, you pretty much saying every kid should do what they can to make others feel more comfortable with them, or change themselves. I tried that when I was a kid, it didn't work. Today, I'm who I always was, I just let it out, I don't try to fit in with the "norm" and I shouldn't ever have to because I love being myself. You're saying by me being an overweight kid with glasses, who was an anglophone in quebec (this is just an example from me but Im'm letting you know what your saying), that I should've lost weight, gotten contacts, and learnt french so I wouldn't have anxiety because I was being bullied. Yeah that's right I should blame myself, WHICH ALL THESE KIDS DO ALREADY. If anything more finger pointing should be done, not just at bullies, but for people who let the bullying happen.
JustynVynn

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51 pm

@JustynVynn, you couldn't be more wrong. It's a simple fact of taking responsibility for YOUR OWN actions. If you start thinking about hurting yourself, gets some HELP! Don't go blaming someone else for the way you are thinking. Is it right that people "bully" online, hell no. However, it is not the "bully's" fault for any actions inflicted on a person IF and only IF it was caused by that individual him/ herself. You are what is wrong with this world/ society. You want to give excuses for anything and everything. It also seems you think you know me and my back round. Just for the record, I was "bullied" throughout 5th grade until 12th grade. My last name and curly red hair didn't help matters either but do you seem me crying about it, NO! I was taught young that words are just words, ignore the person and EVENTUALLY they will leave you alone. Some stuck around longer than I wanted but even those idiots eventually backed off. If you are truly afraid of someone, go to the authorities and file a report if it is that bad. If not, just ignore it. There is NEVER an excuse to hurt oneself or commit suicide. Life is too precious for any of that non sense. Justin, you really need grasp the concept of life and grow up... PERIOD!
anyname09

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:58 pm

@ JustynVynn, also... I am not saying you should have lost weight and try to fit in with the "norm". You are just too sensitive of a person and take it that way. WHAT I AM SAYING is that you shouldn't let them get you down. You should like who you are and if people are STUPID enough to "bully" you because you weren't apart of the "norm", ignore it. You know what you are worth to yourself and society and you should NEVER forget that no matter what is being said about you in front or behind your back. Let them talk, they are no better than you or anyone else for that matter but you let them win when you start thinking less of yourself and start becoming more afraid/ reluctant to even step out side. I was always taught to hold your head high and never let ANYONE bring you down. Is it easy, HELL NO but is it possible, YES! Remember, it is ONLY a short period of your lifetime that you may or may not go through childish bullying. If anything, when you come out of it, you will know yourself better and be more prepared for life in general. In the end, you will probably twist what I am saying and spin it how you want to understand it, in your head but in REALITY all I am saying is to hold your head up high and NEVER let someone bring you down... PERIOD!!!!!!
anyname09

Postby RelentlessBen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 pm

strike3 wrote :
> I have been getting bullied for the past few months at my new school but I
> havent said anything to anybody.Its some jerk that makes fun of the way I
> do my hair and whenever he sees me he puts his hands on my head shaking me
> and messing my hair up. When I try to get away he holds onto my shirt or my
> backpack.His friends just laugh at him so he keeps doing it and I dont want
> to tell someone because if he gets into trouble I dont want him to beat me
> up.I want it to stop but I dont know how to do it. Help.

Shave your head. Lift some kettlebells. Stop being such a push over. This is the jungle of life! Devour everything!
RelentlessBen

Postby 2BorNOT2B » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 pm

RelentlessBen I dont think shaving his head and lifting weights is the answer to a bully messing up his hair. The reason why adults do put their hands on peoples head is because it is assault and if you tried that outside of school you would be fined or arrested. The answer to a bully is not get big ad strong so you can bully the bully. Its about finding the right adult to help you and avoiding conflict whenever you can.
2BorNOT2B

Next

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter