Turn the other cheek

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Turn the other cheek

Postby Maturation » Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm

As much as it might hurt your feelings you cannot blame the bully for their actions. You can only pray for them that they will be forgiven and turn the other cheek. You should not let them use force against you but do it in a non violent fasion so you can keep civility. This is often scoffed by teh parents of the victim because they seek justice. Remember that you are not a judge and you have no place seeking your justice.
Maturation

Re: Turn the other cheek

Postby informational » Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 pm

You can teach your kids to be nonviolent and love their god but when their classmates are harming them on a regular basis you will have to take a different approach. There are teachers and faculty who believe in god and if you can get them to listen to your voice they will help your son or daughter with their problems so they can be more christian in your teachings.
informational

Postby blackholesun » Thu May 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Every kid should be taught that fighting is not right but that doesnt mean you can let them not have any training in self defense. Just as a tool for life your son or daughter should know how to properly defend themselves. If you can teach your kid to never have a fight and always be the one to walk away that is such good parenting just dont neglect the fact that there are some people who will try to harm them in their life and they have the right to know what to do in those seldom situations.
blackholesun

Postby Rainbows » Mon May 21, 2012 1:39 pm

This is what the better people do. What does it matter if someone that you already dont get along with says anything about you? Would you expect anything less? That should be something that you understand would come from people that are just messed up. Walking away from someone who is saying mean things to you could make them look worse. You show them by walking away that it really doesnt matter what they say so they might as well just be quiet.
Rainbows

Postby 4seasons » Tue May 29, 2012 3:47 pm

You ARE a better person if you can walk away. You ARE stronger if you can just ignore them. Staying away from a fight is always the right choice to make so dont let anyone force you to fight. Nobody has to fight.
4seasons

Postby staqs » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 am

Nonviolent nonviolent. That is the way you should live. Violence begets violence so if you dont turn the other cheek you are no better than they are because you are keeping the cylce going.
staqs

Postby KidXX » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 am

This only works if the other kids have a shred of respect for you.I tried to turn the other cheek one day and the only thing it got me was a punch in the back of my head.
KidXX

Postby Mojo55 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:51 pm

KidXX wrote :
> This only works if the other kids have a shred of respect for you.I tried
> to turn the other cheek one day and the only thing it got me was a punch in
> the back of my head.

This is a rare case, most of the time when you walk away and turn the other cheek the issue resolves itself.
Mojo55

Postby Kitty7768 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:35 pm

You will avoid many conflicts if you can remember that the better person will always turn the other cheek. You will be taunted while you are leaving but try to remember that it is only a test and if you can ignore them then their words mean nothing
Kitty7768

Postby BlueJay » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 am

Most people wont sucker punch you when you turn and walk away they will just try to say the most hateful things to you to make you come back and fight them but you have to be strong and know that turning the other cheek makes you the better person.
BlueJay

Next

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter