Dont ever change

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Dont ever change

Postby strong » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am

Dont let a few jerks change the person that you are inside. If you have certain interests that aren't considered "cool" to your classmates then who cares. You will find friends that will accept you for you and will never try to change you or make you feel bad for your interestsl Remember school is short, life is long so be happy.
strong

Re: Dont ever change

Postby sweetbritney » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 pm

I am a firm believer in what you wrote above, "Remember school is short, life is long so be happy."

I remember thinking that everything that happened in high school was such a big deal and it was the end of the world if I was embarrassed or if so and so didn't like me, but now that I am grown up, I realize that that was such a small fraction of my life and how much easier everything is now. Well said!
sweetbritney

Postby eatPRAYlove » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Most bullying starts taking place in either junior high or high school. We are talking about 7 years of your life total that you have to be in those classrooms where the bullying is taking place.

4 years if you only are getting bothered in high school. If someone laid out your life plan and told you would you rather have a great 4 years of highschool and then let downs for the rest of your life or 4 crappy years and then a life time of happiness and achievements. I think you get my point.

High school is very quick in terms of what you experience over a life time. You will soon find out that 10 years after you graduate from high school you will probably only be still friends with a handful of all the kids you went to class with. This is because everyone takes different paths in school and you start to become involved with work and family and have no time for the things you used to do as kids including many of those so called friends.

Amything that that hurts or mortifys you in school will be something you laugh about with your friends when you get older because you finally get how silly all the drama in school is compared to life as a whole.
eatPRAYlove

Postby anyname09 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 am

@ eatPRAYlove, well put. It's about time others spoke out against this media crazed campaign called "Anti-Bullying". Don't get me wrong, it is not right for others to pick on and call names and even physically harass someone just because they feel the other person is different or just don't approve of the way they carry themselves. At the same time though, it is only a short period of time that most kids who are "bullied" have to endure this. We have lowered the pole so low in society now days, its pathetic. You have mom's regurgitating food for their children, mom's putting helmets on their children who don't need to have them just to protect them from hurting themselves, people being charged for murder for posting out videos of roommates who have "interactions" with the same sex just because the roommate decided he/ she wanted to take their OWN life, etc... the list goes on and on. This is absolutely absurd! With everyday that passes, we get closer to being the media's/ governments sheep more and more. Whatever happened to taking RESPONSIBILITY for your OWN actions? This topic is so far drawn out, it's now the new "race card". Just for the record, I was "bullied" throughout elementary, middle school and high school. It isn't fun but those were only 7 years of my life. I don't even associate with too many people from my school years. I have a family of my own and I am loving life. People who feel the need to end their life over a few bad years of being "bullied" have BIGGER issues to fry! AND It is NOT the bully's fault if someone does end up committing suicide... smh!
anyname09

Postby GummieBears » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

its all about helping the people who dont know how to help themselves anyname09. you are assuming everyone knows the correct methods to dealing with the problems so something that is simple for you might be difficult for others. you can never leave someone behind no matter what and that is what happens when people are bullied, especially kids.
GummieBears

Postby Cnote » Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Being sad that someone took their own life and trying to correct the problem so it doesnt happen again doesnt make us the government's sheep. You say people that kill themself over bullying have bigger fish to fry and you dont try to put yourself in their shoes first. Your bullying and torment could be completely different from another kid in school. To say that you can get through so everyone else can is a very simple way of thinking and its a good thing you are not in the white house because your policy would be to have everyone be just like you because you do everything the way it should be done. Have a little more empathy for the ones who are not as strong as you.
Cnote

Postby ChaulkedUp » Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Everyone is who they are when they are born. You cant try to make someone that they are not and you shouldnt act like anyone other then yourself. When you become an adult you start to understand a little more about what you like and what you want for yourself and you stop trying to make other people happy by what you say and wear. It becomes about you and your happiness and when people love that person those are your friends. Always be true to yourself.
ChaulkedUp

Postby finner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 am

The most wonderful thing about someone is that they are an individual. No matter what school,religion, or family you belong to you are still an individual. The things that make you happy are what makes you who you are. Just because your interest dont reflect that of the groups you are in then dont be ashamed. DO what you want and dont be afraid of being you. Finding friends that will accept you for your differences will be the best friends you ever had.
finner

Postby Results » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 pm

You are who you are and that is something to be proud of. The happy adults are the ones who have accepted who they are and love it. Stop trying to make everyone happy and just worry about what makes you happy.
Results

Postby Wisdom00 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 am

Results wrote :
> You are who you are and that is something to be proud of. The happy adults
> are the ones who have accepted who they are and love it. Stop trying to
> make everyone happy and just worry about what makes you happy.

Very nice! This is what I tell my children. If you arent happy then whats the point.
Wisdom00

Next

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter