Thoughts?

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Thoughts?

Postby DoraLynn » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 am

People say bullying is one of those unfortunate experiences that some consider to be a rite of passage for school-aged children.
What are your thoughts on this, whether you agree or not, and provide evidence to support your answer, if possible.
DoraLynn

Re: Thoughts?

Postby trainS » Mon May 13, 2013 1:54 pm

I disagree its a rite of passage. I never heard anyone say I used to get bullied and after I just felt like I had arrived. Seriously a bully is not a rite of passage. A boy getting his first hair on his face or a girl getting her first kiss from a boy. That is what parents want to have their kids experience not getting bullied. If every kid was denied the time they were bullied im certain they would not miss it. Those who have prevailed from bullying mark their bullying as the day they started to greatness but if they could erase it from their memory it wouldnt be all that bad.
trainS

Postby dontlikebullies » Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 pm

I have heard that bullying is a "unfortunate thing that happens". We have all heard from our parents when we were coming up is fight back, to come home until they are layed out and leave you alone, things of this nature, at least my parents did. But I do not think that bullying is a rite of passage. Even coming up when I was younger, I would make it go away if I could. I do nnot agree with this at all. I would love to debate this with anyone who agrees.
dontlikebullies

Postby DarkSide » Tue May 21, 2013 12:07 pm

The people that have never been really bullied claim that it is a rite of passage and the real victims think that all of their past bullies should be arrested for the things they have done. Someone who was tormented in school for a long time has nightmares about it.
DarkSide

Postby pinkiejay » Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am

I do not think bullying is a right of passage. Its abuse, and anyone who feels the victim needs to suck it up and get over it or fight back, must have been a bully or has never been bullied before. Children, teens and adults deserve the right to be different, all shapes, sizes, colors, personalities, likes and dislikes without being mad fun of, being told their ugly, or being called bad names. It is not a part of growing up.
pinkiejay

Postby JodieMeyersLA » Wed May 22, 2013 10:26 am

It's not a rite of passage in any way. Kids see others as weak or different and they pick on them. Some kids make it thru school without being bullied at all.
JodieMeyersLA

Postby masonjar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 am

Bullying is bullying, regardless, if its emotional, physical or verbal. No one deserves it and it by no means a right a passage.
masonjar

Postby WWWschool » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 pm

trainS wrote :
> I disagree its a rite of passage. I never heard anyone say I used to get
> bullied and after I just felt like I had arrived. Seriously a bully is not
> a rite of passage. A boy getting his first hair on his face or a girl
> getting her first kiss from a boy. That is what parents want to have their
> kids experience not getting bullied. If every kid was denied the time they
> were bullied im certain they would not miss it. Those who have prevailed
> from bullying mark their bullying as the day they started to greatness but
> if they could erase it from their memory it wouldnt be all that bad.

They are right on the money!
WWWschool

Postby tootrusting » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 am

Bullying is NOT a right of passage. Its a form of abuse, rubbed off to the bullier, by events or abuse in their life. Having your first gf, bf, heartbreak, and puberty that is a right of passage. Bullying is wrong, and it's getting worse every day. No child deserves that type of torment. No adult deserves that type of relationship and by no means, no person has the right to put another down or inflict abuse.
tootrusting

Postby Daretodream » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:53 am

I think its more common than some may think, but I do not think it is a right of passage. No one deserves to be tormented at all. We really need to find who thought it was a right of passage and give them a good talking to!! Obviously they were never bullied.
Daretodream

Next

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter