It gets better

Need help dealing with the emotional trauma of being a victim of a bully? Post your questions and concerns here and have our supportive community reply with suggestions on how to cope and begin to heal and rebuild your life.

Re: It gets better

Postby sideout » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am

I was bullied once too and my bullies have disappeared. Probably because I have gained more confidence and I know that I deserve to be treated with respect so I get nothing less now and I LOVE it!!
sideout

Postby yodannysams » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

it really does!
yodannysams

Postby Rooftops » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am

We can all agree that when we were younger things that we did seemed so important but when you look back as an adult you think its silly. Its also important that we remember as adults when we are talking to todays youth that we remember how we felt. You cant tell a kid that is being bullied that its no big deal. Its is a BIG deal. What will help is explaining how you were in the same spot when you were their age. Relate to them and help them find common ground with you. Be sure to include how you got away from the bullying and what impact it has on your life today. Prove to them that it will get better with time and as long as they are in it for the long haul they will get over it and achieve their goals bully free.
Rooftops

Postby MizCeeDub » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:56 am

Yes, it does get better. I, turned to alcohol before, which made it worse. But as I learned to deal with my demons, bullies, and issues, I got better. Things got better...
MizCeeDub

Postby PopPop » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Once you confront a bully it might initially become worse but in the long term you will have more confidence and you will learn what works and what doesnt. Life is a learning process and if you dont try to better yourself you will be left behind
PopPop

Postby ShawnW » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Sooner or later we are all going to deal with a bully and it always makes you hate encountering them again but it wont last forever. Nobody has enough hate inside of them or the exact same life path to follow you everywhere you go. You will grow out of your bully and the things that used to bother you will make you laugh later.The good times in life will make you understand that this is why you push through the bad stuff.
ShawnW

Postby DoraLynn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Every day got better for me and eventually, the girls left me alone. They actually wanted to be friends when I got to high school! Eventually, everyone grows out of the bully/victim stage.
DoraLynn

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 pm

True for most.... but what about adult bullies? Lol
MizCeeDub

Postby RussoC » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 am

Adults shouldnt be considered bullies but more like harrassing people and last time I checked that was illegal
RussoC

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 am

RussoC wrote :
> Adults shouldnt be considered bullies but more like harrassing people and
> last time I checked that was illegal
I call them bullies because they use their power in the work place as a way to get you to do things. Or even spouses, mainly men, who use their size and verbal threats as a type of bullying. Woman can do it, by using their kids against the dads. Its bullying. Harassment is intertwined, but to me, it's bullying. And that is just how I described it in court against my ex. lol
MizCeeDub

PreviousNext

Return to Bully Victim Emotional Support

Chat: Enter