Improvements

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Re: Improvements

Postby WillPower » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 am

brilliant wrote :
> Since you were a school bully what improvements have been made in schools
> to curb the bullying?

Websites like this to help kids have an outlet at the very least
WillPower

Postby Nate702 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Lots of awareness now a days...
Nate702

Postby MizCeeDub » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 am

The elementary school my kids attend has a "be kind" theme. Each student at the start of the year received be kind shirts and they celebrate Thursdays as a "kiss bullying good bye - hug a friend". Any act of kindness is rewarded with a ticket and they can cash the collected tickets in for prizes in the school store. As far as the bully goes, its a no toleration of fighting, weapons, cursing, and bullying. Automatically sent home for first offense, second is 3 day withdrawal, and 3rd, I think is suspend for rest of the year. Staff has asked parents their thoughts and I offered that the person bullying e mad to be publicly shamed. Maybe having to wear a hue ridiculous sign, or a stand out shirt on Thursday while the other students have on be kind shirts. More definitely has to be done.
MizCeeDub

Postby Tlight » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 pm

To shame them they should have to wear a shirt that says "I bullied someone and I am sorry for doing it" When the other kids see him or her wearing the shirt they will know they were not doing what they were supposed to.
Tlight

Postby MizCeeDub » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Tlight wrote :
> To shame them they should have to wear a shirt that says "I bullied
> someone and I am sorry for doing it" When the other kids see him or
> her wearing the shirt they will know they were not doing what they were
> supposed to.
Ha! This is great! Make them wear a huge sign and parade around the school, a dunce hat that says "I'm a bully" and the shirt! Wow, watch the tables turn quick....
MizCeeDub

Postby BillyBlass786 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:33 am

There are so many resources now... like this site. When i was a kid you didn't have much unless you had an older brother!
BillyBlass786

Postby SkipperJack67 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 am

This site is one, TWITTER there is a huge amount if support if you ask, and local state and federal campaigns to name a few. Lots more than when i was a kid!
SkipperJack67

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 pm

BillyBlass786 wrote :
> There are so many resources now... like this site. When i was a kid you
> didn't have much unless you had an older brother!

I wish i had an older brother or sister. my older sister didnt care and it was usually her friends' little sisters that would bully me. Sucked major... But there are so many websites. BullyVille is great. Twitter has a lot of Anon help as well as advocates, such as myself. I dont want any young girl or boy to feel how i did, or million others do.
MizCeeDub

Postby macmillerscousin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 am

The list is so long.... the improvements that have occurred are amazing. If they had all this in place when I went to school, there would have been allot less bullying.
macmillerscousin

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Its just a shame that the bullying has gone from bad to worse. There are so many sites, but we definitely need more help!! I have so much respect for BullyVille.com and all they do!!!!
MizCeeDub

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter