Improvements

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Improvements

Postby brilliant » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 am

Since you were a school bully what improvements have been made in schools to curb the bullying?
brilliant

Re: Improvements

Postby latitude » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:39 pm

The media attention that kids get for being bullied. I used to get into a lot of fights when I was younger because I liked to talk a lot of smack. If I was born in these times I would be public enemy number one in my town. Now if parents dont see results from the schools they will call the media and have them show what the school is trying to keep quiet.
latitude

Postby Progression » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

School cameras were not around when I was in school. We used to go behind a wall and fight with no problems but now in schools you cant go anywhere on campus without being on a surveilance camera.
Progression

Postby Binder » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Also having professional counselors is something that I didnt have in school. If I had someone that was there to talk to and get real answers maybe I would have figured out at a young age that I was just acting out because I was being bullied at home myself. It would have costed a whole lot less monet too.
Binder

Postby carebears » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am

School police is a big improvement they didnt have anything like this when I went to school. The only security was teachers standing outside the door and if a fight broke out and the teacher was a woman then nothing could be done to stop the fight. Now school police are trained to deal with bullies that prey on students.
carebears

Postby AutumnFall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 am

Progression wrote :
> School cameras were not around when I was in school. We used to go behind a
> wall and fight with no problems but now in schools you cant go anywhere on
> campus without being on a surveilance camera.

Seriously just having them on a wall even if they arent even on will deter bullies. Just the idea that someone could be watching you from an unknown location is enough to keep the bullying out of the school walls.
AutumnFall

Postby SingSong » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 am

carebears wrote :
> School police is a big improvement they didnt have anything like this when
> I went to school. The only security was teachers standing outside the door
> and if a fight broke out and the teacher was a woman then nothing could be
> done to stop the fight. Now school police are trained to deal with bullies
> that prey on students.

Yeah I wish we had school police for the high school I attended there was mostly women teachers and when a fight broke out it would take several minutes to get help and if you have ever been in a fight seconds feel like hours so minutes would be a life time.
SingSong

Postby Stopper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am

Awareness has changed a lot. I think adults used to accept bullying as a part of growing up and now a lot of people have changed that old way of thinking. Starting groups to help kids and create ideas and programs for bully prevention. Things are moving in the right direction but we still have a long road ahead of us.
Stopper

Postby Kango » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 am

Kids in general are much more aware of bullying and how it has no place in schools. These shows like Glee that teach kids to accept what is different because different is not bad. Just having that shift in ideas is a move in the right direction for once.
Kango

Postby Peeker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:59 pm

The school cameras are a lot better now and I only graduated 15 years ago. The cameras now can zoom is from hundreds of yards away and make clear identification on students and potential dangers
Peeker

Next

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter