Your children

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Re: Your children

Postby Peri123 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I going to lead by example - telling them what to do will fall on def ears!
Peri123

Postby AngelFromNC » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 pm

I was Bullied all through my middle school years and even through high school.. I was the one who kept her mouth shut and never said anything to anybody.. Ihave had food poured on me foot balls threw upside my head and the whole nine yards.. I do NOT allow my child to bully people she reports it to the teacher and then she comes home to me and tells me.. Which i go on a rampage to her school.. I do not allow my child to bully anybody and nobody is going to bully her.. Iam already going to go to school with stuff that happen today.. with my child and what people done to HER.. its not right cause shes only 5 years in Pre-K them kids at that age should not have to worry about that crap this early..
AngelFromNC

Postby MizCeeDub » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Explaining to kids is hard, but you have to enforce it. I think it starts at home, when children are young. If its not instilled in them young its harder to break when they get older. As a toddler, you should always talk softly, kindly, in a way that they don't feel they need to yell to get your attention. Instead of snatching an object from then, ask for it calmly, and encourage them to do as well. Don't ignore them, or yell at them, or say rude things to them. What is instilled at a young age carries them through life. And if a sibling, family member, or daycare child is being men, get that behavior to stop immediately! And if your spouse is bullying you, then maybe you need to rethink your situation. When kids see their parent mistreat the other, kids will learn from that.
MizCeeDub

Postby FriendlySteven » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 am

I think I'll teach my kids that they should always be empathetic towards other peoples situations, to be respectful and kind and treat others the way they would like to be treated.
FriendlySteven

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 pm

FriendlySteven wrote :
> I think I'll teach my kids that they should always be empathetic towards
> other peoples situations, to be respectful and kind and treat others the
> way they would like to be treated.
This is a great way to teach kids. I do this with my own. Especially my eldest boy who try's to bully his younger siblings, then doesn't understand why they always dislike being round him. He has learned that if he wants to be treated nice, he has to be nice to others.
MizCeeDub

Postby ChocoTaco » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Peri123 wrote :
> I going to lead by example - telling them what to do will fall on def ears!

Only a parent can truly make this statement and its absurdly true. Kids will mimic your actions not your directions
ChocoTaco

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Very True ChocoTaco!
MizCeeDub

Postby TraceP56 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 am

Just to be kind and be good to others. Pretty simple.
TraceP56

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

TraceP56 wrote :
> Just to be kind and be good to others. Pretty simple.
Exactly...
MizCeeDub

Postby CBEnthusiest1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am

I will teach self defense and if they get picked on it will be a fair fight.
CBEnthusiest1

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter