What punishment works best

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Re: What punishment works best

Postby Nailene » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:46 pm

I think the punishment depends on the child. What works for one, may not work for another. Every child learns differently, therefore one punishment is not going to work for all.
Nailene

Postby ElkHunter » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am

Nailene wrote :
> I think the punishment depends on the child. What works for one, may not
> work for another. Every child learns differently, therefore one punishment
> is not going to work for all.

Exactly, spanking works for some kids but not others and timeout is great for some and a joke for others. As a parent you should pay attention to what your child reacts to the best meaning what they least like when they are being punished. That is important to find the best way to punish or they learn nothing. If you send them to their room with their tv and video games then they learn nothing from the punishment
ElkHunter

Postby duncanhinescakes » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Shoot, nowadays you can't breathe on your kid without cps stepping in. Then you have these mom's who allow their kids to be free spirits and let them do whatever they want. I think the problem doesn't lie within the punishment and what kind, but rather actually enforcing some type of punishment. Tv, videogames and such are not properly raising your child.
duncanhinescakes

Postby SMaryslands » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:48 pm

They should have to do one day of hard supervised labor in their community. That should do it.
SMaryslands

Postby charlierayne » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Its hard to say what punishment works well. Kids are no cookie cutter molded, so, one type of punishment is not going to work for all.
charlierayne

Postby WEakNsTrong » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:16 am

Kids should (somehow) be made an example of. Made to carry an (I bullied people) sign or shirt around school,
or anything that embarrasses and/or draws attention to their past bullying actions.
WEakNsTrong

Postby SpiritNTheSky » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 am

They should be suspended then given two more chances before expulsion.
SpiritNTheSky

Postby BillyHolidaysHoliday » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 am

Maybe a good spanking will work on the younger ones. It worked for me.
BillyHolidaysHoliday

Postby Uplifter » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 am

duncanhinescakes wrote :
> Shoot, nowadays you can't breathe on your kid without cps stepping in. Then
> you have these mom's who allow their kids to be free spirits and let them
> do whatever they want. I think the problem doesn't lie within the
> punishment and what kind, but rather actually enforcing some type of
> punishment. Tv, videogames and such are not properly raising your child.

CPS is very present these days but rightly so with all the mistreatment of children but some good parents get mixed up in this also. I think spanking is not a proper method of parenting which CPS agrees with. Nobody said it was easy being a parent you have to work very hard to raise a child and if you take it seriously you would avoid hitting them.
Uplifter

Postby Kriegar » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:45 am

I think that spanking, or the very real threat of it, is a perfect solution, regardless of what CPS or anyone else thinks. In fact, knowledge that any such criminal behavior is going to have an immediate, and negative, consequence is a deterrent.

It's when they think that they can negotiate their way out of it, or get away with it entirely, that a problem is presented.
Kriegar

Previous

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter