What punishment works best

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Re: What punishment works best

Postby DoraLynn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

JeramySmums wrote :
> The principal should make the students wears a bold pink antibullying
> teeshirt at school for a week.

I like this idea!!! A lot!
DoraLynn

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

I just saw on the news a mom who wanted her son to wear a bright green shirt that said thief on it and the school was against it.
MizCeeDub

Postby SteviePlunder » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am

I don't know the correct way, but my bully never bullied anyone again after my neighbor body slammed him on the concrete in 3rd grade. I guess that's one way!
SteviePlunder

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm

SteviePlunder wrote :
> I don't know the correct way, but my bully never bullied anyone again after
> my neighbor body slammed him on the concrete in 3rd grade. I guess that's
> one way!

Oh my goodness! Wow... Glad you had someone to stand up for you. May not have been the right way, but at least no one got hurt and the bullying stopped.
MizCeeDub

Postby KimChiLuv » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:00 am

In school they should be singled out. Like: made to wear an "Im a Bully" T-shirt for a certain amount of days!
KimChiLuv

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:15 pm

KimChiLuv wrote :
> In school they should be singled out. Like: made to wear an "Im a
> Bully" T-shirt for a certain amount of days!

This is a great idea. I think we had discussed this in another forum, but a great idea. Remember back in the day and they used to wear dunce caps?!
MizCeeDub

Postby Buy1GetOneFree » Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 pm

I feel that I should be on a case by case basis. The bully should be made to do something where the entire school see his bullying actions. Maybe impose a fine that pays for a poster with their pic with a non bullying message or made to wear a stop-bullying T-shirt for a few days.
Buy1GetOneFree

Postby masonjar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 am

I think the a school wide shaming would be good. Most bullies like to have the attention on them, so far as when they are bullying, but when it turns negative, they don't like it much. So, maybe have them stand in front of the school during an assemble and do a public apology. Have them wear a bright colored "bully" shirt for a week and enough of these they may cease there behavior.
masonjar

Postby pinkiejay » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:30 pm

I like all these ideas. Does any one know why schools are not more attentive to bullies and their victims? WIth so many kids committing suicide, this should be a big priority! When the Sandy Hook slaying happened, my kids were informed and came home with many questions and telling me about the upcoming drills they would be doing. SO, shouldn't schools also start focusing on what to do if a friend confides in them about suicide, or taking the complaints of bullying a little more serious than just brushing it off and telling the bully to be nice? I mean, really...
pinkiejay

Postby Life4fish » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 am

MizCeeDub wrote :
> I just saw on the news a mom who wanted her son to wear a bright green
> shirt that said thief on it and the school was against it.

oh please! The school needs to back off when a parent is trying to teach them a life lesson. Stealing is wrong and if they have to be embarrassed at school then maybe that will change them before its too late
Life4fish

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter