What punishment works best

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Re: What punishment works best

Postby MrClean » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Who is an adult now and thinks that they suffer still from a spanking they got when they were a kid? I would like to meet them because everyone I know who got spanked didnt turn out so bad.
MrClean

Postby NoticeME » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:47 pm

MrClean wrote :
> Who is an adult now and thinks that they suffer still from a spanking they
> got when they were a kid? I would like to meet them because everyone I know
> who got spanked didnt turn out so bad.

Not too many people. Its the kids that werent punished or spanked and they act jerks as adults because they dont think there is consequences for the actions. Until a very big adult bends them over their knee and do what their parents should have dont a long time ago.
NoticeME

Postby Dreamer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 pm

I like spankings as a punishment. If you do it consistantly they will wise up after about a dozen spankings. All you have to do is ask them if they want to be spanked and they will behave. I think parents that dont spank are being to soft and not preparing them for the real world.
Dreamer

Postby partly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

I was spanked a lot and even belted a few times. It didnt send me into a dark depression it made me understand that if I was going to act bad then I was going to get a spanking so you know what I did. I didnt act bad.
partly

Postby WhaleWhatcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:14 pm

How each child deals with spanking is case by case. Some spankings are more severe or in a public place and can have a more lasting effect on the child
WhaleWhatcher

Postby Egon3 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I think if you ask them to pick their punishment it works the best. It may take a little longer because they have to come to the conclusion that what they are doing is wrong but when they do they will never go back. Telling a kid to do something is different from letting them figure it on their own. Its important that you guide them when they get off track but ultimately it should be them who makes the punishment.
Egon3

Postby MizCeeDub » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 am

Its a thin line. If you punish a bully with force, they tend to go bully someone else to feel better about the abuse and getting in trouble. Which makes it their behavior worse. But just talking to a bully about their actions doesn't affect them. Sometimes a dose of their own medicine could help, but its kind of depends on where the child learned the bullying behavior.
MizCeeDub

Postby UChappy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I think isolation is the best punishment for a kid. When they are all alone they have no choice but to sit and think about why they are all alone.
UChappy

Postby MizCeeDub » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 pm

UChappy wrote :
> I think isolation is the best punishment for a kid. When they are all alone
> they have no choice but to sit and think about why they are all alone.
I agree... I think if they are bullying at school, remove them from classes, recesses, lunches, and have them go all day with one on one teaching and solo lunches and breaks. Solidarity is enough to make you rethink your actions.
MizCeeDub

Postby JeramySmums » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

The principal should make the students wears a bold pink antibullying teeshirt at school for a week.
JeramySmums

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter