Were you ever the victim

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Were you ever the victim

Postby FullThrottle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 pm

So many people believe that a bully is born when they are bullied, if you have bullied someone, is this statement true? Were you acting out only because you were a victim yourself?
FullThrottle

Re: Were you ever the victim

Postby 22bobby22 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Correct, I had 2 older brothers growing up with only a mother and she couldnt control them. They used to yell at her and curse her out and do whatever they wanted including bullying me whenever they were bored. I took years of abuse from them and felt so much anger that I took it out on kids at my school. I still dont really understand why but it felt good to me when I picked on another kid because they were afraid of me so I was finally the boss. I learned how to be so good at bullying from my brothers. All the things they said to me and all the things they did I just copied when I saw kids my age that I wanted to pick on. You get tired of being the victim and decide to turn the tables to make yourself feel better. I would say that it was one of the only things that made me happy at that time in my life. Sad but true.
22bobby22

Postby NoMoTrouble » Tue May 01, 2012 1:36 pm

22bobby22
I hope that if you have children of your own then you would be teaching them to love one another and not ever fight because family is for forver. Reflecting now as an adult it is important that if you cannot change the past then you fix your mistakes through your children's lives and create a better person to join society. Bullying was wrong when it was done to you and its wrong when you give it out and I have a good feeling you wont that continue through your family.
NoMoTrouble

Postby SilentType » Wed May 02, 2012 2:46 pm

LIsten to what 22bobby22 said people he learned from his bully brothers. Why dont we wake up and finally start addressing this issue inside of our schools. Kids bully because of their home life and we need to start sending CPS to homes of a bully. There should be a school division of CPS so when kids are regularly fighting at school then they will have a mandatory meeting at home with a CPS official and possibly have surprise visits at the house an interview every member under the roof. If there is any signs of neglect or abuse you first try to solve the problem by enstilling fear in the parent that if they dont shape up they will be going to jail for child abuse and destroy their family. This is just too big of a problem in our school to keep using old school tactics
SilentType

Postby Everyday » Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 pm

This is not the case for me when I was a bully at a very young age. I was a bully because I didnt know how to express myself and I was very jealous of the kids at my school who had nicer clothes or cool shoes. I didnt get why they could have nice things but I coudln't so I would fight them. Sometimes I would even take their things so I could have them for myself. Nobody every bullied me but I was acting out of frustration. Bullying doesnt always mean the person is enjoying fighting someone but most always the bully is dealing with a personal issue and they cannot handle it in a healthy way. I was never proud that I bullied but I did do it but I figured out from an older cousin that if I want nice things I need to work hard for them and it changed my attitude. I started to respect people with nice things and understood they had to work to get that.
Everyday

Postby daycare » Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm

That is a higher power that is trying to get through to you. When you keep your eyes,ears, and heart open you can find out a lot about life by watching others and just analyzing everything about them. If they do something that reminds you of yourself and you get a bad feeling about it maybe you are doing that same thing to people when you do it. Its that self realization that can help you become a better person and have a better life.
daycare

Postby Cheverolet » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

I bullied kids because I was poor and they had money and I was jealous.Nobody ever bullied me but i did it anyway.
Cheverolet

Postby Caucasus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 am

I guess being bullied and doing the bullying is a vicious cycle. I've never bullied anyone in my whole life but I got bullied way back. I just don't know why they do it, maybe they were a victim after all and they are just taking upon their vendetta upon the world by bullying those who they think are weaker than them.. :cry:
Caucasus

Postby Whitetails » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:14 am

Cheverolet wrote :
> I bullied kids because I was poor and they had money and I was
> jealous.Nobody ever bullied me but i did it anyway.

Bullying out of jealousy is very common in schools
Whitetails

Postby erupt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Everyday wrote :
> This is not the case for me when I was a bully at a very young age. I was a
> bully because I didnt know how to express myself and I was very jealous of
> the kids at my school who had nicer clothes or cool shoes. I didnt get why
> they could have nice things but I coudln't so I would fight them. Sometimes
> I would even take their things so I could have them for myself. Nobody
> every bullied me but I was acting out of frustration. Bullying doesnt
> always mean the person is enjoying fighting someone but most always the
> bully is dealing with a personal issue and they cannot handle it in a
> healthy way. I was never proud that I bullied but I did do it but I figured
> out from an older cousin that if I want nice things I need to work hard for
> them and it changed my attitude. I started to respect people with nice
> things and understood they had to work to get that.

How could you explain this in terms that young kids would understand and learn from it?
erupt

Next

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter