Genesis

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Genesis

Postby strong » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:58 am

Do you remember the first time you bullied someone? Why do you think you begin picking on others?
strong

Re: Genesis

Postby Marie99 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm

My brother bullied kids growing up and I know it was because of my dad. My dad used to tell him all the time to toughen up and was so hard on him to be the best at wrestling. If he lost a match, my dad would scream at him that night so bad and call him names. My dad used to tease kids on TV that were skinnier or nerdy looking. I think that is why he would in turn go to school and pick on kids.
Marie99

Postby smallworld » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:41 am

That is exactly why your brother bullied kids. A boy's father is his hero most of the time when you are growing up. You feel like you will do anything to get your dads acceptance including doing things that you dont believe in. If you dad thinks its ok then you tell yourself that you are wrong and dad is right. When your dad would scream at your brother he knew that he couldnt lash back out against his father so that anger gets burried deep inside and is waiting to be released on someone. When he would go to school he would find another student and release his aggressions out on them. This happens to boys all over the world that are bullied by their parents then mimic the same behavior to someone else and it is a vicious never ending cycle.
smallworld

Postby after8 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 pm

I remember the first time I bullied someone was when my mom and dad had my little brother and I didnt like him around because he got all of the attention. I would take his toys and grab anything i could from him and make him cry. I knew he couldnt do anything back to me but I bullied him anyway. It continued until he was about to go into highschool. I had always picked on him at home so he never really liked me but when kids at school started bullying him I couldnt let that happen. I yelled at them to leave him alone and even pushed one kid as har as I could and he almost fell over.

I dont know what came over me but when someone else was doing the bullying to him I wasnt cool with it. After that I didnt really pick on him anymore because I knew I was his older brother and I had to watch out for him not mess with him. We are adults now and have a good friendship even though I was really mean to him growing up. You should never bully people even if they are family.
after8

Postby catcher » Mon May 07, 2012 2:18 pm

And there you have it after8! Family is what it is all about and your natural instincts kicked in and you protected him. As an older brother myself that story made me smile buddy thank you for your story.
catcher

Postby Shakespeare » Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Thank you for bringing up that point after8 that is very important that you explain your moment of clarity. Maybe that will get a few kids to recognize that family is forver and to protect your own always.
Shakespeare

Postby blanked » Wed May 23, 2012 3:19 pm

The first time that I bullied someone was when I was about 9 years old and I was in the 4th grade. I told a kid to give me that ball he was playing with because I didnt like the ball that I had. He said that he got it first but I was bigger than he was so I walked over and pushed him down and took the ball. It made me laugh at the moment when my friends were around but 10 minutes later I felt so bad. I only did it because I wanted to impress my friends and show them how tough I was. I never had a problem with the kid I pushed I just simply wanted to look cool. I never did say sorry or even see if he was alright. I just took the ball and left him lying there in the grass. I know I bullied because of the approval of my friends and I hope that kids arent as impressionable as I was back then and can think for themselves. Bullying is never ok. Never.
blanked

Postby Paradox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 am

@blanked
Most kids are only looking for approval at school so they will do anything that they think will make them look cool. In your case pushing the kid down was cool to you and your friends. The good thing is that inside you felt ashamed and had remorse for what you did. Most bullies are not capable of feeling this shame because they are so into the approval. You arent a bad person because of what you did but it will make you a better person if you could teach someone to never do what you did.
Paradox

Postby life2me » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am

I am in school and kids bully because they see someone different.If the different person gets any attention that is good then the bullies get jealous and say mean things.People bully to try to be cool and make people like them more because they are mean souls.
life2me

Postby MrMonroe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Marie99 brings up a very good point that its starts at home. If parents didnt practice such tired parenting tactics than they wouldnt keep this bullying going.
MrMonroe

Next

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter