Depression

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Re: Depression

Postby windytunnel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I agree with Wizzy. I'm sure the girl could have cared less about her body odor then. I would think being homeless living in a car was the most painful. I'm glad al worked out for her, but it just amazes me how selfish people can get and judge before they know. Or just judge period! W ehave no right to judge others, or berate them, putting them down for being different. I really hope this guy who teased her learned his lesson and thought twice before he did it to someone else.
windytunnel

Postby KristensKitten » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:44 am

If I meet the person now (later from the bullying) I would somehow try and help the person.
KristensKitten

Postby craycraycris » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm

I never knew if the girls I bullied were eve depressed. I know i sure felt bad abut it and often wondered, now that i am older, if I affected them in a bad way making there life bad. Especially one particular girl. She had no friends, and we used to call her the worst name, and no on would sit by her, or be near her, and I just wonder how her life is today.
craycraycris

Postby Northside » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:15 am

It is really easy for a child to become a victim of depression from bullying. When a child is being bullied they feel very alone and that nobody will understand so they become very introverted. They keep from everyone the problems that are bothering them which is why it is such a shock to parents when it boils over into a bigger problem like suicide attempts or failure to attend school. You have to pay close attention to your children to avoid it going unnoticed.
Northside

Postby Class70 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:59 am

dontlikebullies wrote :
> This is something we should be teaching our kids young, that we can not
> judge people the way they look, speak, smell, act, dress, or what they eat
> and all that stuff. Too much of this happens and people end up having their
> foot in their mouth.

Yep you're right!
Class70

Previous

Return to Ask a Former Bully