Depression

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Depression

Postby Victim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm

If you found out one of your victims has depression because of what happened what would you do?
Victim

Re: Depression

Postby DoraLynn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 pm

I never bullied, but there was a guy who used to make fun of a girl cause she smelled like BO. She usually wore the same two outfits throughout the week. She was so depressed. She stayed to herself at lunch, sat in the back of the class, and of we were in bathroom, she would walk right back out. We found out when she would be gone for almost the whole week sometimes, that she was homeless. She lived in a station wagon with her mom and little sister. The guy, who was a complete do*che to her by calling her smelly, and over exaggerating when she walked past his desk, at first laughed. Then felt really bad. He never teased her after that. We decided to have the kids in our home ec class donate clothes for her, her mom and sister. We had a care package of toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, brushes, hair products, diaper wipes, and food. Our teacher gave her the care package, and whatever happened after that, things seemed better for her. At the end of the year they had a small apartment and she actually became friends with a group of girls. We were seniors that year, so I never saw her after that. Long answer yes, but he did feel bad for her.
DoraLynn

Postby B2Bchamps » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 pm

What could be done? Its isnt like a simple sorry will bring them out of depression. Are you willing to befriend them and help them get through the depression because that is what I think it would take.
B2Bchamps

Postby Truth6879 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am

DoraLynn wrote :
> I never bullied, but there was a guy who used to make fun of a girl cause
> she smelled like BO. She usually wore the same two outfits throughout the
> week. She was so depressed. She stayed to herself at lunch, sat in the back
> of the class, and of we were in bathroom, she would walk right back out. We
> found out when she would be gone for almost the whole week sometimes, that
> she was homeless. She lived in a station wagon with her mom and little
> sister. The guy, who was a complete do*che to her by calling her smelly,
> and over exaggerating when she walked past his desk, at first laughed. Then
> felt really bad. He never teased her after that. We decided to have the
> kids in our home ec class donate clothes for her, her mom and sister. We
> had a care package of toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, feminine hygiene
> products, brushes, hair products, diaper wipes, and food. Our teacher gave
> her the care package, and whatever happened after that, things seemed
> better for her. At the end of the year they had a small apartment and she
> actually became friends with a group of girls. We were seniors that year,
> so I never saw her after that. Long answer yes, but he did feel bad for
> her.

Thats why you should never judge someone until you know their story.You figure this out as an adult but usually kids are way too quick too judge but that is also the adults around them who are at fault for not teaching accepting behavior.
Truth6879

Postby pinkiejay » Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 am

They say everyone is dealing with their own struggles and demons. We jsut never know what they are until we learn about them, from them. Its easy to say no one knows how you feel, when the richest person may have the same struggles as a poor man. YOu never know. Just because one has money and the other doesn't, does not insist that ones struggles are better or worse than the others. We must never judge someone with whats on the outside. I hope this was a lesson learned to you about the girl at school. im glad to hear she was finally sheltered, but imagine how hard it was for her, her mom, to live in a car, for who knows how long.
pinkiejay

Postby JaleKeels » Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 am

Goes to show you should never say stuff before you know someones circumstances. That's a sad story, I hope she's doing much better.
JaleKeels

Postby dontlikebullies » Tue May 14, 2013 12:08 pm

This is something we should be teaching our kids young, that we can not judge people the way they look, speak, smell, act, dress, or what they eat and all that stuff. Too much of this happens and people end up having their foot in their mouth.
dontlikebullies

Postby Sinker » Thu May 16, 2013 12:43 pm

When childen have a body odor problem at school I think it is the teachers resposibility to quietly take them aside and explain to them how to properly use deodorant and warn them about the smell turning other off so they fully understand before they are bullied like she was.
Sinker

Postby teeeesha » Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

That is so wrong. Why didn't a teacher ask or question? Teachers need to get more involved.
teeeesha

Postby Wizzy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Im sure that girl is fine now and her having body odor was the least of her problems then
Wizzy

Next

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter