Harm

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Harm

Postby Victim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

If you found out one of your victims had self harmed themselves because of what you did how would you feel?
Victim

Re: Harm

Postby 2for1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Thats like asking a sociopath to say sorry. Bullies dont really feel for others only for themselves and making their pain go away by bullying someone else.
2for1

Postby DoraLynn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am

I would think that they simple would use it for ammo to hurt the person they were bullying. I don't think they care. That's why we teach victims to try not to show the harm bullies cause, because they feed off of that pain. We would all like to hope that in the end that the bully would have remorse and apologize, but nowadays, that is not the case. It only becomes worse.
DoraLynn

Postby Megatron81 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Many of the people that self harm bring up the fact that they wanted the bully to know how far they pushed them and that is not the reason to hurt yourself.You are doing something for the bully that will not likely impact him or her but everyone that does love you are the ones who will really be to suffering.
Megatron81

Postby MisterTYHals » Fri May 03, 2013 9:24 am

I don't think self harm was around when I was in middle school or high school (late70's -late80's), but I would have felt bad if that were the case.
MisterTYHals

Postby pinkiejay » Mon May 06, 2013 11:41 am

I think some ppl self harm because it is misplaced anger. They want the hurt and pain they feel to be elsewhere. I hate when people say that self harming is for attention. It is not. I used to self harm and I was being bullied. I did it because it eased the pain I felt in my heart from being unwanted. Not attention. If it were for attention, we wouldn't cover up with long sleeves. No one knew about mine until years later after I had stopped and only the scars were visible. My bullies knew later, but acted as though I just wanted attention. They didn't care.
pinkiejay

Postby 1World » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Maybe because I have never known anyone who cut or been depressed like that but I dont understand how hurting yourself makes you hurt less
1World

Postby Nailene » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:36 pm

1World wrote :
> Maybe because I have never known anyone who cut or been depressed like that
> but I dont understand how hurting yourself makes you hurt less

I believe its the act of taking the pain from one place to another. Ive never known anyone who has self harmed, but I have counseled young girls who have and this is what they told me.
Nailene

Postby RightWay » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Victim wrote :
> If you found out one of your victims had self harmed themselves because of
> what you did how would you feel?

I would spend the rest of my life trying to repay them for the hurt I caused them and I would be dedicated to making sure I was successful at preventing at least one person from hurting themself to make it up.
RightWay

Postby shipshape » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:10 pm

I've never bullied, but if i had hurt someone enough for one of them to feel the need to hurt them self , I would just feel horrible.
shipshape

Next

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter