Parental bullying

Want to know why some people bully others and their reasoning behind their hurtful actions? Ask your questions here and have a reformed, repentant bully answer and help you understand why they bullied people in the first place.

Parental bullying

Postby DandyDan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 pm

How many of you out there were bullied by one or both of your parents? How many of you begin bullying yourself from suffering it at home?
DandyDan

Re: Parental bullying

Postby MeerAkul » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:47 pm

I was never bullied by my father because I am a girl and he was very sweet to me and treated me so nice. This is why it was so confusing to watch my father bully and berade my brother into oblivion when we were kids. He always wanted my brother to be the best at whatever sport he played and it would stop being fun and only cause him fear and anxiety. The one thing he did not do was bully because of my father. In fact he was like a big soft lover that would help kids from being bullied. He was so big that nobody ever crossed him besides my dad. It was very sad to see him bullied and as adults now when we talk about it he gets upset that he never really had a relationship with his dad. Its really tough to have to hear that you arent good enough from your hero. Parental bullying can be the worst of all.
MeerAkul

Postby GoodGraces » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 pm

You should be very proud of your brother that he didnt do the selfish thing which was to lash out on someone else to make them feel their pain or even the score of life. He has a purpose for greatness and that is why he is the man he is today.
GoodGraces

Postby ThanksSoLong » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Bullying is all sorts of screwed up when it comes from your parents.Kind of sends your head spinning because you have adults at school telling you its wrong but when mum and dad do it then it becomes confusing a bit. An parent that bullies their own child has no concept of love to me
ThanksSoLong

Postby pleaselisten » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

I was also bullied by my father but I too did not become a bully because of it. I hated bullies because of my dad. When I saw a bully at school it was like I saw my father in him and I would attack since I couldnt do it to my father. I got into many fights trying to protect other students and some I didnt even know. Just because I didnt want to see someone scared like I felt when my father would come home. The worst part about it was when I was sent home for fighting bullies I would get beat up at home by my bully.
pleaselisten

Postby Pacos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 am

At least you were able to put your bullying from your dad into perspective and know it was wrong. Most kids turn around and do the same thing to someone else and repeat the bullying
Pacos

Postby MizCeeDub » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 pm

I was never bullied by my dad, just cause I really didn't know him. But I did see him bully my brothers, who are bullies now. My step mom bullied me, and my mom at times, but I haven't been a bully. I was the victim in elementary, middle, and high school.
MizCeeDub

Postby MobyWhale » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

pleaselisten wrote :
> I was also bullied by my father but I too did not become a bully because of
> it. I hated bullies because of my dad. When I saw a bully at school it was
> like I saw my father in him and I would attack since I couldnt do it to my
> father. I got into many fights trying to protect other students and some I
> didnt even know. Just because I didnt want to see someone scared like I
> felt when my father would come home. The worst part about it was when I was
> sent home for fighting bullies I would get beat up at home by my bully.

That is really tough to deal with when you are young but when you had your back against the wall your true character came out and it was an amazing person.
MobyWhale

Postby Homestead » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am

Never personally did this happen but it did happen to a kid I played football with who was the best on our team. His dad was a star football player so he would bully him when he didnt play up to his fathers standards. Was really sad to see him try to act like it didnt bother him but you could tell it did. I think being bullied from your own parents has got to screw with your head for life.
Homestead

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 am

Homestead wrote :
> Never personally did this happen but it did happen to a kid I played
> football with who was the best on our team. His dad was a star football
> player so he would bully him when he didnt play up to his fathers
> standards. Was really sad to see him try to act like it didnt bother him
> but you could tell it did. I think being bullied from your own parents has
> got to screw with your head for life.

I hate when parents try to live through their children and end up bullying them to be the best of the best... It's sad.
MizCeeDub

Next

Return to Ask a Former Bully

Chat: Enter