National no tolerance policy

What do you wish would change? Post your thoughts here.

National no tolerance policy

Postby doozy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 am

We have failed at a city, county, and state level of preventing bullying and mostly because the power figures in charge are too afraid to shake things up and lose their position. I think we should deal with this similar to big corporations run their business. There is a top level of people who make a standard set of rules that the entire country has to follow. The rules would be very straight forward with clear punishments set in place. Once someone breaks these rules the punishments are upheld or you will be held accountable from the main corporate office. Since they are such a far distance away and are not involved personally they will have no problem enforcing the punishment. This is why business runs so smoothly in corporations because everyone plays by the same set of rules and if you step outside the lines you are punished immediately and fairly. There will be no execptions to any rules and possibly we have a chance of changing the way bullying is effecting our country.
doozy

Re: National no tolerance policy

Postby Door3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 am

I have written to my Senator about something similar to this but I just received a letter back saying thank you for your letter and we are working on it but he didnt even sign the letter it was stamped so nobody cares to do their job in Washington just actors.
Door3

Postby Kango » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 am

So what are we supposed to do as parents when our children are being bullied and the school and the county wont do anything about it. The country has bigger fish to fry with the economy the way it is but we are still having the same problems in our schools over and over day after day.
Kango

Postby Cubano » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Obama will do something after he fixes the economy because he is the best president
Cubano

Postby ringy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 am

Dont you think bullying should be a state level issue?
ringy

Postby NoAgain » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Each state has proven that they have flaws in their system to combat bullying in their schools. Federally yes I do believe they should spend some time thinking up a plan for the solution. I am all for giving the teacher power again like in the old days when you could spank or discipline however they deemed neccesary.
NoAgain

Postby Leigh1964 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 pm

I think if you didn't have to count on government to pass law about bullies we could get something done. They think that anyone that complains about being bullied is weak,and the one thing the government don't want are "wimps"! But the only way to make them change their mind is to join together and make our voice be heard! My child's school has a no bulling policy on paper and plastered all down the hall ways,but it's just on paper. No one care if a kid gets bullied in her school,as long as they don't have to deal with it! I am only one person,but I bet if I had some backup,we could change a lot of minds and the school would be a lot safer than what it is.Obama don't care if students are living in hell every day,cause we have not stood up and gave him the message! "The squeeky wheel gets the grease" the louder we squeek,the faster we get the grease! If anyone wants to take a trip with me too get some grease let me know! :D
Leigh1964

Postby patriots12 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:57 pm

ringy wrote :
> Dont you think bullying should be a state level issue?

It is a state issue and they are doing a really poor job of solving it.They spend more time trying to prove there isn't bullying going on so they don't get sued than fixing it.
patriots12

Postby CharlieB » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 am

Door3 wrote :
> I have written to my Senator about something similar to this but I just
> received a letter back saying thank you for your letter and we are working
> on it but he didnt even sign the letter it was stamped so nobody cares to
> do their job in Washington just actors.

They shouldnt be able to reply with a bumper letter that is stamped by their secretary. If you were elected by the people then you work for the people and that means less vacations and partying with diplomats and more solving our issues that need some resolution.
CharlieB

Postby MizCeeDub » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 pm

ringy wrote :
> Dont you think bullying should be a state level issue?
I think with the many suicides, attempted suicide, the many kids and adults, gay or straight, and school shootings from some bullied kid, it should be at state level. It should be at national level. There needs to be clear, concise punishment for bullies and there should be a support system in place for the victims, so they don't turn suicidal or worse, manic, and want to kill there entire school.
MizCeeDub

Next

Return to A Bully Wish List

Chat: Enter