3 guys are bullying me

I am being bullied by 4 guys that are two years older than me, what should I do?

3 guys are bullying me

Postby kevinsmalls » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:09 am

I am in the 9th grade and I have 3 senior lacrosse players that keep picking on me. They call me names, give me evil stares and have even pushed me. I am afraid for it to get more physical. What should I do? I don't want to tell a teacher because then I will be looked at as even more weak. Is there anything I can do on my own to make them stop?
kevinsmalls

Re: 3 guys are bullying me

Postby oliver » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:46 am

I would tell a teacher. They may make you feel more weak, but it is better than you getting beat up.
oliver

Postby Subway » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Have you thought about telling the coach to get them off of your back? Most coaches dont mind when the players razz each other but when its 3 on 1 and they are twice your size he might get mad at them for that. If you tell the coach and he takes care of it then dont be worried if they ever bother you again because when they do the coach might boot them off of the team next time.
Subway

Postby guilty1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I would go to the counsler at your school in privet and ask them to keep the conversation privet and ask them to eather have someone watch and catch them doing it.Or B ask them to handel it with out bringing your name up.There are ways of doing it with out your name coming out. Expain that you know it will get worse if they know you told someone.God Bless sweety
guilty1

Postby HuggieBear » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:56 am

Subway wrote :
> Have you thought about telling the coach to get them off of your back? Most
> coaches dont mind when the players razz each other but when its 3 on 1 and
> they are twice your size he might get mad at them for that. If you tell the
> coach and he takes care of it then dont be worried if they ever bother you
> again because when they do the coach might boot them off of the team next
> time.

The coach should handle this problem if you tell him about it but if he doesnt help your next step should be contacting the principal to ask for assistance since the coach is neglecting your needs.
HuggieBear

Postby UrChoice » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Sports have always been common for the bigger guys picking on the little guys. In this case seniors against freshmen. Its a ever going payback scenerio that they had to deal with so they feel the need to continue the vicious cycle. Its more of an initiation than bullying. If you cannot deal with your own team talking smack it will be hard to ignore it from other teams that will lay it on you much thicker. Is it right? Probably not but its been this way for so long that it is almost a tradition for older players to give the fresh new guys a little trouble and make sure they have the heart to play on their team. Seems a lot worse from an outsiders perspective.
UrChoice

Postby PeaceNharmony » Fri May 04, 2012 2:19 pm

They are probably more scared of you then you are of them. Why would 3 seniors need to gang up on a freshmen? Because they are probably jealous of you taking any attention away from them in lacrosse. Take it all with a smile and just walk away when they are talking to you. Show them that you dont care for anything that they say. If they want to continue just hold firm that you do not care if they like you or hate you because you arent going anywhere. I know that you will probably read this and think yeah right but you will never know what will happen if you do nothing but worry. Think about it this way, if what you were doing was working you wouldnt have reached out for help. With that being said just have faith in somoene who has been there before and smile then walk away. Best thing you can do.
PeaceNharmony

Postby PLUS3 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Get your entire team to back you up next time they try to gang up on you. I am not condoning a fight but I think just have people behind you to support you and tell them to leave you alone then they might just walk away and leave you alone. Older kids in school always try to pick on the younger new kids on the block so just take it in stride.
PLUS3

Postby Sheep » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Somtimes in sports the older guys will do that to make sure that you really want to be there. If you have the heart to take that then its considered your initiation.
Sheep

Postby cannonball » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Walk up to one of them when they are seperated from the other 2 and ask him for help. Tell him that you are sorry for whatever you have done to upset them but you just want to fit in and not have problems with them and the gesture of coming to them for help might get him to explain to his friends that they should take it easy on you.
cannonball

Next

Return to Victim of Gang Bullying

Chat: Enter