Helpless

Have advice for parents of a bullied kid? What can they do? How can they help?

Re: Helpless

Postby RickSlick » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

ringy wrote :
> I am so glad I have 2 sons because I know how to talk to boys but if I had
> a girl my head would be spinning trying to make them happy

Seriously, boys can be tough too sometimes but as a male the girls bullying seems so minor and I have a niece so when I try to help her she always looks at me like I dont have a clue and I dont. haha kids see right through me
RickSlick

Postby hemom4evr » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 pm

I feel so helpless. My son is 12. He was bullied last year and I pulled him from that school and put him in public school only for it to happen again. We had issues with this boy and I asked if they could please not be placed in the same class but was told they had to keep the numbers EVEN. Its been one thing after another and nothing.. he has hit his breaking point. He screams and cries every morning before school and every night before bed. I am talking to the superintendent now and still do not seem to get anywhere. He wants to be homeschooled but he is such a socialable kid until this kid has just broken him. I need support myself. I cry every day knowing how he feels. I just put him on anti-depresents that could help with his anxiety.. I feel ashamed that it has come to this.
hemom4evr

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm

hemom4evr wrote :
> I feel so helpless. My son is 12. He was bullied last year and I pulled
> him from that school and put him in public school only for it to happen
> again. We had issues with this boy and I asked if they could please not be
> placed in the same class but was told they had to keep the numbers EVEN.
> Its been one thing after another and nothing.. he has hit his breaking
> point. He screams and cries every morning before school and every night
> before bed. I am talking to the superintendent now and still do not seem
> to get anywhere. He wants to be homeschooled but he is such a socialable
> kid until this kid has just broken him. I need support myself. I cry
> every day knowing how he feels. I just put him on anti-depresents that
> could help with his anxiety.. I feel ashamed that it has come to this.
Schools need to take these type of complaints more seriously, or as parents, we need to hold the schools accountable for their lack of protection with our children and therefore leading to traumatizing issues for our kids! Its sad.... No one takes it serious until a child takes a life, or takes their own!!!!
MizCeeDub

Postby StuckInsideCanada » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 am

I know the feeling. I try to read all the information I can and do research on the internet - to get all the information I can so I can make and give my kid the best possible solution for a problem.
StuckInsideCanada

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 pm

me too... I just don;t want to be blind and oblivious and then be too late... I could never forgive myself.
MizCeeDub

Postby Sandee » Mon May 20, 2013 4:34 pm

I can totally empathize with you. My then 8 year old son was bullied to the point where he was petrified to use the bathroom at schoool and regressed to deficating and urinating in his pants. The teachers and principals totally ignored my pleas and blamed him................eventually took him to a new school where he was also bullied so took him out.
Out of desperations I did the following:
enroll him in karate
researched the school's policy on bullying with a team of 3
research leglilation
follow chain of command prior to resort to moving my child from the school to a place of safety
Written and verbal complain: (email to start a paper trail)
document
teacher, principal, superintendent, director of education, college of teachers
you can call the police at any time.
you can also look at whether or not the school's staff had been negligent in protecting your kid/s as you can sue them personaslly.
seek the support of other parents
check out ministry of health

Hope this helps
Sandee

Postby Sandee » Mon May 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Are you in Canada or the uSA? I would love to support you. It brings tears to my eyse that you have to put your kid on anti-depressant.......................... I had to put my son in counselling... let me know if I can help!
Sandee

Postby pinkiejay » Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 am

oh my gosh... WHen bullying becomes this bad why doesn't the teachers step in and do something? This poor helpless baby has to be on anti depressants????? This is outrage. I wish I was in your state. I would cause such a stink! Please keep us posted.. Please... I beg of you. I would like to know how your is doing and what hs happened and hat hasn't happened. Keep on them and go to the media. Light a fire under their assess....
pinkiejay

Postby SCIoud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm

@hemom4evr - Im so so sorry you have to go through this its something that no parent should have to deal with.
SCIoud

Postby Yeezy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 pm

The most helpless feeling you will have is when you son or daughter starts to get angry at you for failing to protect them and scream at you that you dont understand. As a parent you want to do everything you can to make your kids happy and when you cannot do that it makes you feel totally helpless
Yeezy

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of a Bullied Kid

Chat: Enter