Whats worse bullying from girls/boys?

Have advice for parents of a bullied kid? What can they do? How can they help?

Re: Whats worse bullying from girls/boys?

Postby Troop43 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Boys can make you fear for your life.When you are a little boy and someone tells you that they are going to kill you it really can paralyze you with fear. Is it an empty threat or for real? That kind of bullying can be life altering as far as how your personality develops
Troop43

Postby DoraLynn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I think taht they are equally bad, but in two different forms. boys can inflict physical harmful abuse, but girls seem to take their insecurities, or self loathing hate on other females. They tend to hurt people emotionally with verbal abuse, whereas boys tend to be more physical. girls say things, post things, they dig personally whereas boys just kick your butt and call you names. but they are bothe equally bad, i think. just on two different levels.
DoraLynn

Postby hemom4evr » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Coming from having an older daughter, I was never so thankful to have a boy. But boys can be mean and cunning and say things as well. Being bullied isnt always physical. Usually its both... my son has been so verbally bullied he is broken. He thinks he isn't good at anything because this kid has told him this day after day. Boys also bring others on board as well.. a ring leader... or maybe fear that the bully will leave them alone if they join in. I have seen both and I am sorry.. boys are much worth. Over are the days when a bullied hit and that was it....
hemom4evr

Postby AAways » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am

I would think being a parent and seeing your son come home bruised and bloodied would be a little tough to deal with
AAways

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 am

When my daughter came home bawling cause the girls on her bus mad fun of her for having a speech impairment and saying she had "fake hair" (which she doesn't), I wanted to run to her defense. I went to the parents, which the girls was a single mom, who was just a ghetto and bullish as their daughters! The one girl, who's parents were from Ethiopia, was very upset. Sat both our girls down and explained to their daughter that her speech is not something to make fun of and that at one point in time, her Ethiopian accent was laughed at. They explained that they are not too very different and should embrace the uniqueness they both share. This was 4 years ago. They are the best of friends now.
Seeing my son come home crying was just as heartbreaking, but my husband handled the incidents with the teacher and parent, who was in denial of his son's bullying, even after he witnessed it himself.
MizCeeDub

Postby RowdyH » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am

You just made a good point about bullies in schools. Most of the time the parents are in total denial and refuse to punish their child no matter what the teacher says or how many kids they hurt. Sometimes I feel this is when the parents are so ignorant that they think if they deny it they wont be labeled as a bad parent and everything will just go away on its own.
RowdyH

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:32 pm

I think parents just cant handle, or don't know how to handle their children when accused of bullying. I've seen kids as young as 2 yelling and screaming, causing a scene, and parent doesn't do anything to correct the behavior. This type of behavior has to be corrected immediately. If not, the child will continue the behavior while the parent lays in denial. This girls mom was vulgar and mouthy with me, to the point where I allowed my self to cuss her out with a few choice words and walk away shaking my head at the stupidity I just witnessed. Its sad.
MizCeeDub

Postby MeltAway2 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:29 am

I would guess a girl?
MeltAway2

Postby teeeesha » Fri May 17, 2013 11:23 pm

IM going with girls. They think bad words, name calling, and putting other girls down is empowering. They don't realize they are disempowering girls as a whole. Not to mention, the victim losing all self worth and self esteem. This, then making them a victim to men when they are older.
teeeesha

Postby SCgame » Tue May 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Troop43 wrote :
> Boys can make you fear for your life.When you are a little boy and someone
> tells you that they are going to kill you it really can paralyze you with
> fear. Is it an empty threat or for real? That kind of bullying can be life
> altering as far as how your personality develops

I remember when I was in 3rd grade and a couple of boys in 5th grade told me that if I wouldnt give them my basketball they would burry be in the field and put no gravestone on it so nobody would ever find me. I was so scared I not only gave them my basketball I never told anyone about it and even got in trouble because I told my parents I lost my ball at school.When you are a kid you can keep a secret because you dont know what your bully is willing to do. As an adult I know better but I bet this happens to kids all the time because the dont understand what is and isnt possible.
SCgame

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of a Bullied Kid

Chat: Enter